Best Deal on an MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by camantaylor, Jul 28, 2008.

1. camantaylor macrumors newbie

Hey all,

Right now I'm trying to find a really good deal on an MBA. The two places I've really been looking are the Apple refurb site and on ebay. I tried looking at Craigslist in my area but nothing appeared, plus I've heard some bad things about Craigslist as well. I just sold my powerbook G4 last night on ebay and now am in need of a computer. I need the computer probably by August 21st. Anyhow, I'm in the market for a 1.6 Ghz model and was wondering if you all could give me some advice. Thanks! :)

2. mchank macrumors regular

Apple refurb would be your best bet: full warranty, and since its been refurbished by Apple, its been thoroughly checked and probably better than new.

3. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

mchank is right. The refurb store at Apple has some sweet deals. The deals come and go depending on the availibility of the type of MacBook Air.

You can snag a 1.6 and 80GB for just 1,499.
    I believe the other day I also saw 1.8 and 80GB for 1,699.

If you want a MBA soon, get a quick deal at the refurb store.

I'm waiting to see if a new gen. is going to come out. :D

4. glitch44 macrumors 65816

eventually, but most likely not in 2008.

5. camantaylor thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I've highly considered that. Practically everyday I have seen a refurb for $1499. It's just that ebay is looking very appealing because there have been $1399 Macbook Airs NEW with free shipping. :confused:

6. Molopo macrumors regular

7. mchank macrumors regular

How do those sellers get those Airs for so cheap? I remember seeing them popping up when the Air first came out and they were listed for hundreds of dollars cheaper than what Apple was selling them for. Do they come with a full warranty?

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've been looking at live.com and typing in Apple MacBook Air, and they have a $250 rebate for using the "buy it now" feature, but I'm looking at the 1.8/SSD. I had the 1.6/80GB, but sold it to my brother, b/c I needed more space on my HD at the time, than the 80GB. I'm planning on the SuperDrive and remote to be used at their maximum warp speed. :p

9. glitch44 macrumors 65816

you realize the SSD has 16GB less hard drive space than the HDD, right?

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I do; that's the reason for the One To One's at the Apple Store in San Francisco. They basically gave me the rundown on utilizing the superdrive, the remote disc, and an external hard drive to their fullest extent, and I shouldn't have a problem this time around... Thanks! :cool: