Best Deal on iPhone 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tardman91, Feb 28, 2017.

1. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

My wife needs a new phone to replace her T-Mobile 16gb iPhone 6. She wants an iPhone 7. I'm wondering where the best deals are at to get one? As of now it looks like Apple is giving $160 for an iPhone 6, and I have a $100 Apple gift card that I could use toward one, but don't have to, so let's not necessarily let that steer me to the Apple Store. Where's the best price for trade-ins? Anyone running any specials? I'm not looking to switch carriers, just upgrade the phone.

2. chscag macrumors 68000

Have you asked someone at T-Mobile what your 6 is worth on trade in to them and how much a 7 will cost from them? I've traded in a phone to T-Mobile in the past and came out ahead from what Apple would have given me. I'm not sure what deals T-Mobile has right now but it certainly won't hurt to ask them first.

Also, you can always sell your wife's phone privately and probably get more for it that way. Use the $ from the sale toward a new iPhone 7. If you go with an iPhone 7 from Apple, get the sim free version.

3. tardman91 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tardman91

According to the T-Mobile website it's only worth $104 to them.