best deal on macbook/pro..lol

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ricecook, Jan 26, 2008.

1. ricecook macrumors regular

ricecook

bump into this http://yatmall.com/ funny..its a scam you think?:confused: well i 100% think its a scam..not legit at all..there FAQs are funny.:D

2. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

You could buy one of those $50 MP3 players to find out.;)

Seriously, that could work.

3. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Your link doesn't take us to any particular page, but the macbooks appear to be old models (I believe I saw a 1.83GHz for $780). Doesn't seem like a scam, more like a "clearance only" website.

4. dibara2003 macrumors 6502

it looks like a scam considering what they're selling a 2.33 17" MBP for. but... they take paypal, you could always file a dispute and then go to your CC company as well.
    anyone wanna try? :p

5. profgokker macrumors newbie

I think yatmall is scam

I think yatmall is a scam.

1. Why are there so many reactions about good delivery and service on their website, while a google search shows nothing?
    2. The website is registrated on January 15, 2008 (see source below) and there are so many reaction on their website? And one person had already ordered for the second time.
    3. On their website there is stated that in general it takes 1 day for shipping, while it can also take 2 weeks?
    4. Someone (I do not know the source) has search the address in the USA and he noted that it is a private address
    5. On their website they say that the want to keep the costs as low as possible. And they say about shipping that they maybe open a store in the future. (two opposite explanations)
    6. The first week they do not expense shipping charges over orders of 599 USD
    7. Refunds are given after 7 days
    8. Their office is also related to Italy and Spain.

As you can see I summarized this. I am very amazed if this is not a scam. I definately not going to try this. Maybe someone else want to try it.........

(source: http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=yatmall.com)
    Created on .............Tue Jan 15 14:36:13 2008
    Expires on .............Thu Jan 15 14:36:13 2009
    Record last updated on .Tue Jan 15 14:36:30 2008

6. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Interesting. With the points you brought up above, I too am beginning to think it could be a scam.

Has anyone tried calling the number? Or is there no number, because that would make it very cut and dry as to whether or not it's a scam.