Best deal on new Macbook Pro.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kratoss, Oct 25, 2011.

1. kratoss macrumors newbie

Wife's Macbook recently bit the dust (the wife's fault, not the Macbook's!), so she's getting mine and I'm getting a new Macbook Pro :D

Best I'm seeing is Amazon $60 bucks off + no tax/recycling fees = ~$250 discount for my spec vs. the Apple Store:

Amazon.com: New Apple MacBook Pro Laptops

Any other good deals out there? Want to buy online to avoid the CA tax and recycling fees :p

2. NikiMac macrumors newbie

3. bangup22 macrumors newbie

4. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

you should compare the prices of amazon vs other online stores and that of microcenter.
    Now im going to assume you want a 13" MBP so with that said Microcenter has a New MBP for $1000
    http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0358117

but tax tax tax :(
    however, if you ask the employers for a discount im sure they will give one to you. i took my mom with me and she asked for a discount lol, and we go 5 bucks off plus a free 4GB USB Drive OR 4GB SD card.
    soo a MBP for $995 + tax and 4GB USB Drive wasn't all too bad [to get the discount i had to fill out one of those store "rewards" card or whatever.

Now since you in CA there are only two store locations:
    Tustin/Orange County and Silicon Valley.
    If you live near either one, thumbs up; if not, then online = better.

One thing i suggest though is not to rush into buying it [unless you need it NOW].. what i mean is apple has just refreshed their MBP product line so you want to make sure that you get the latest refresh.

Now as a final note, i have read on MR threads that the Apple Store, Best Buy, etc. match competitor prices. So if you find that MicroCenter is cheaper and you don't have one nearby, then you could try to get it "price matched" at a competitor. [provided the sales tax is the cheaper way to go]

good luck, have fun!!

5. banana22 macrumors newbie