iPhone XS Max Best deal on Xs or Xs max

noSpeed

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
HI all,

I’m in the market for an Xs or Xs Max on a Verizon payment plan. I anticipate that Verizon will drop the price by ~ $100 as soon as the 11 series is released on the 20th. I wanted to know if historically, will waiting a few more weeks allow me to get last year’s phones at an even bigger discount?

The next big holiday in the US is Thanksgiving at the end of November, and I’m not certain if I want to wait quite that long.

Thanks

PS. I won’t be adding a line, or changing to an unlimited plan, etc. I’m just changing my phone.

acorntoy

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2010
Verizon has already dropped the MSRP on both the XS and XS Max on their website, you won’t see them discount it again even after launch.

Best case for an additional discount would be hoping Apple adds them to the refurbished store shortly, but that’s a bigger gamble.

noSpeed

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
I’m still seeing them for $1000 and $1100 on the Verizon site.

sam2428

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2011
Houston, TX
I too am looking for some deals on the XS Max (although I am an AT&T user). My wife wants to upgrade her phone but does not particularly care about the 11....she just wants the Max phone size. If I can find a decent deal on a brand new XS Max (even if its paid in full) I would prefer to do that. Otherwise, it probably makes most sense to get her an 11 Pro Max as well.