Best deals on iPads?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by macmesser, Dec 11, 2014.

1. macmesser macrumors 6502a

Someone special has been hinting for an iPad. Anyone have a thought on where and when (before Christmas) the best deals might be?

2. Bodycalming macrumors member

Bodycalming

You may like to consider an interest free deal finance by Barclays Bank, there are some differences in UK against the US deal. All done through your local store.apple.com and financed by Barclays lookout for the very small BLUE finance link near bottom of page!

3. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Hard to say. Apple controls pricing pretty tightly so if anything you might find a seller that's throwing in a gift card or something when you buy one. Usually, sale prices on Apple products are not much lower than normal. Just the way it is.

4. rigormortis, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014

rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

i am really mad that the news bloggers are calling Paypal at the apple store a brand new deal like it never existed before

they tweaked Paypal a bit and made it more prominent.

complaining about that, i want to point out that now you can get 18 months no interest on practically everything over $250 on the apple store by using Paypal Credit ( formally known as bill me later)

before Paypal's new tweak on apple store you had to have the hardware shipped to you. now you can do in store pick up. the only other store that sells apple products that i know of that offers 18 months no interest is best buy.

as far as i can tell , as long as you buy $250 at the apple store with paypal, you qualify for 18 months no interest. this is different then most other deals like amazon for instance. where you have to spend more to get 12 months or 24 months no interest instead of 6 months.

when i bought my last mac mini in october i was offered no payments no interest. for 6 months.

i was going to just let it ride and eat the $50 or so compounded interest, but i think i will try to pay it down

you can find the 18 months deal by clicking on "monthly payments" tab during checkout

if you click on just regular visa / master card paypal you might not get the 18 month no interest deal

on a base iPad air 2 plus sales tax here where i live, that is $81.54 in free interest saved at least

with barclay card , you can't get 18 months no interest on a $499 purchase.

barclay no interest deals : 6 months: Under $498, 12 months: $499 - $998, 18 months: $999 and over.

----------

other then financing, check best buy + walmart + target ( if you are in the united states ) for bundled gift cards. when buying it from a retail store versus an apple store, not all models may be available.

if i buy a iPod touch from target i get a $20 gift card

if i want a 64 gb from target.com , a model they do not stock in the store, i don't get a $20 gift card

5. macmesser thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks to all who replied. There is a currently 3% discount at Macmall. I'll shop a bit to see what dealers might throw in.

----------

Will give a quick check to sources I hadn't considered.

----------

I'd come out ahead by buying with inflated dollars. Makes me wonder what they're getting out of it.

6. Lefty357 macrumors newbie

Costco?

Do you have a Costco in your area? I picked up an Air 2 WiFi 64GB for $579.00 at Costco. Not a huge discount, but the return policy at Costco is pretty amazing, much better than Apple Stores ;-).

7. macmesser, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014

macmesser thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the tip. I never thought of Costco but I sometimes have my sister get something there for me. Will keep in mind. I got a pretty decent deal (best I saw) from bhphotovideo.com. No free engraving, but I just read an article about why one shouldn't have a new iPad engraved at purchase anyway, and it made sense. $699.00 for 64GB with cellular, plus free shipping. I also saved tax by having my other sister in MD order it. She's coming up to NY for Christmas and will bring it. With the money saved I can buy a case for it too. All's well that ends well!

8. Lefty357 macrumors newbie

Nice deal:). Enjoy!

9. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Microcenter has some good iPad deals right now.