Best deals on new iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PandaPunch, May 4, 2015.

1. PandaPunch macrumors newbie

Okay, I'm planning to get an iPhone mostly because as much as I love Windows Phone (I got a Lumia 635) and it's many features, the lack of apps and the fact that Mircosoft treats iOS better than it's own baby is pushing me away.

I see that the iPhone 5C is selling for 300 bucks at Walmart, but it's the 8 GB model and I want at least 16 GB. Are there any decent stores that have good sales on the iPhone? I'm willing to spend up to 400 bucks on a recent (and new) iPhone. I suppose a used one would be fine if I can verify personally that the phone is okay, so I wouldn't go on eBay to get a phone. Otherwise it sounds like I sound just save up and buy when the new phones come out.

2. Ultra AleM macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

Get AT LEAST an iPhone 5s. The iPhone 5c has 2012 hardware, it's not advisable today. You can get a 16GB 5s for $499.

3. PandaPunch thread starter macrumors newbie

I am considering the 5s as well. I'm halfway hoping that with the 6s or even the 6c (if they release it) I might be able to get the 6 for a decent price. Plus I was hoping to take advantage of Apple Pay.

4. Ultra AleM macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

Perfect, you have to wait 4 months for that :)

5. PandaPunch thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess that's not a long wait, and I can still enjoy WP until then. But, I still need to know, are there any stores besides Walmart that offer some markdowns on AT&T based iPhones. Or maybe I should ask if there is a certain time of the year besides Christmas and new iDevice releases where there are markdowns for iPhones.

6. rockitdog Suspended

I'd also suggest the 5s as someone above posted. Check Swappa, you can probably get a good deal on one there if you can't wait. Otherwise you're looking at the end of Sept for a new iPhone or longer because everyone who has to have one will be waiting for one there too.

7. PandaPunch thread starter macrumors newbie

While I'm not big on used phones, Swappa seems like an alright site if you wanted a backup phone. Thanks for that.

8. SpasticPat macrumors 6502

SpasticPat

I definitely would recommend Swappa. I've bought and sold phones on there multiple times and never had an issue.

9. bakedapple macrumors newbie

I concur with using Swappa. I've also bought iPhones from GameStop; when they have their 30% off sale, you can get good prices on them.