Best Desk for Three 30-inch Monitors?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jeffreyk, Jan 3, 2014.

1. jeffreyk macrumors regular

jeffreyk

This will be my first three 30-inch monitor setup and I'm trying to figure out what would be the best desk on which to set these monitors. Web search (after search after search after search) gives me some nice three monitor setup pics and discussions on why three 30-inch monitors are great to use, but no one ever talks about what desk to have for this setup. I have until my new Mac Pro ships in February to find the best desk. If nothing changes in the monitor world until then, I'm planning on buying three 30-inch NEC PA302W-BK monitors (each monitor is 27.1-inches wide). So, if anyone has some suggestions about the desk, from experience or knowledge about this type of thing, I'd be very much love to hear what your opinions are on this subject. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

I don't have so many monitors (just a 27" iMac + 20" monitor), but even so, I'd suggest looking at the Ikea Galant. It's well built and modular so you can make it as big as you need, and can be L shaped to fit in corners. Mine:
    [​IMG]

3. jeffreyk thread starter macrumors regular

jeffreyk

Thank you very much for your reply. I've been checking out desks for weeks so getting a solid lead on a desk for my new home office setup is fantastic! That IKEA Galant looks really nice. I'll have to drop by IKEA soon to check it out as the Galant might be exactly what I'm looking for in a larger desk. One other question: Each monitor weighs 37.5 pounds so that will be 112.5 pounds total just in the monitors and 123.5 pounds total with the nMP on the desk as well. From your experience, will the Galant handle the weight -- especially on the top center of the desk?

4. GrumpyGeek macrumors regular

Loving the wallpaper :D:D

5. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

It's got heavy steel rails underneath, so it won't be a problem.

6. ABCDEF-Hex macrumors 6502

ABCDEF-Hex

Have you tried this:

Craigslist - Denver
    http://denver.craigslist.org/fuo/4266804638.html