Best Diabetes Monitor with HealthKit integration?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by HDFan, Jan 19, 2017.

1. HDFan, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017

HDFan macrumors 6502a

I'll be purchasing a new lancing diabetes monitor and am looking for one which integrates well with HealthKit. I assume that it would have an IOS app that would get the data via bluetooth and feed it to HealthKit. The only monitor have found so far that seems if it supports it and is covered via insurance (or they give away free) is:

Contour Next One (not rated - but rating for other Next products range from good to excellent). However I tried to download the IOS app, and was told it was not available in the U.S. store, just in the Polish store.

One Drop is direct to consumer right now so there is no insurance coverage.

2. HDFan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. But it requires manual entry. I'm looking for something that automatically uploads to the iPhone.

3. pilotkid, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017

pilotkid macrumors 6502a

Apple released one a couple of weeks ago. Check their website. It is under iPhone accessories, HealthKit.

4. HDFan thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I used two different lancing diabetic monitors with same company that work well with HealthKit - One Touch Verio Sync (no loner available) and new model is One Touch Verio Flex and Revel app. New model is cheap than old model is expensive!