Best digital Camera < $100

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by s.hoz, Feb 23, 2008.

1. s.hoz macrumors regular

s.hoz

The name of this thread should be < 200. Just FYI.
    So I'm looking for a Digital Camera that I can take just pictures of my friends and such. I do travel to Seattle, Camping, etc a fare few so something not so huge but takes great pictures. I am willing to spend around $200 give or take.

2. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

3. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

You can always try posting this question in the Digital Photography forum on this site. That's where I went to ask about digital cameras before buying, and got some good responses, even though most of the posters there are professional photogs. As for the Casio that Stampyhead linked to, Casio's were on my short list. Good features, fair price, decent results. Remember that most Point & Shoot digitals are not great in low-light situations, and shooting anything higher than ISO 200 is iffy.
    I wound up with the Canon Powershot SD870 IS. $297 at Amazon and the big selling point was the 28mm wide angle lens. Speaking of lenses, when I came across this Nikon it blew me away:

http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1&grp=2&productNr=25575

No traditional lens at all! Anyway, good luck and one good camera review site is:
    www.dpreview.com

Morod

4. methodmano macrumors member

I would check out the very thorough reviews on dpreview.com before purchasing anything. It's a great site.