Best Display for Macbook Pro 13

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by klo-mac, Mar 8, 2011.

1. klo-mac macrumors member

Hi guys,

I have MBP 13 but Im in need for big display, and in this moment i haven't decided yet, to buy iMac 21.5 or Mac display 24?

Appreciated any answer.

Thanks

2. BitterMelon macrumors newbie

BitterMelon

Well, since you can't use the 21.5" iMacs as a display (only the 27" does that), I'd say the 24" display (is it still available, or is it 27"-only now?).

3. klo-mac thread starter macrumors member

yes 24" is still available, there are many on ebay.

but if i want to save some money and to buy a 21" LED display with HDMI port [not apple], who is better, whats your suggestion ?

4. eaf7s macrumors regular

Honestly, have a gander at some non-Apple displays. There are some really fantastic deals out there and I've had everything from a base BenQ to a high-end Samsung and generally been happy with everything. Just make sure whatever you get suits your purpose.

5. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

Check out the Dell professional line monitors, there are some good monitors for around $300

6. eaf7s macrumors regular

This.

I just find the Apple displays obscenely overpriced this far down the road.

7. nc016163 macrumors newbie

I had a really similar question, so in summary are you saying dont bother with the cinema display?

So are the people that buy them getting them more for the fact its a shiny apple product, or are there any advantages at all?

8. ExnomenDei macrumors regular

Advantages: Built-in Magsafe, very nice design, nice, high-quality display.

Disadvantages: They only make a 27" version now. 27" displays are obscenely expensive.

9. eaf7s macrumors regular

Well if money isn't a huge object, by all means go cinema display! But $999 is a hell of a lot of money. Personally, even if I had that lying around I'd still get something cheaper in the meantime and go cinema when they get upgraded again :)

10. pullman macrumors 6502

pullman

Dare I ask if you want a glossy or an anti-glare screen?

Don't know where you live, but here in Holland you can find the 23" ACD (antiglare) for 300-400 euro. It's a very good screen for the money imho.

11. klo-mac thread starter macrumors member

Hey guys thanks for replies.

Now, I dont need 27" display, I already have 32" samsung tv on my room, so I dont like to have 2 big screens on same room :0 also and the price for $999 is really expensive.

I can find on ebay some old mac monitors 20"-23" for $300-$400 but Im not sure if quality of display will be same as is on my Macbook pro. [i guess not]

So in the end Im for Samsung LED display around 21-23" with HDMI port, what you think about?

Thanks

12. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

Personally I like Samsung displays. So do a lot of Apple customers since they are a major supplier for Apple too, I just don't know on which devices.

13. pullman macrumors 6502

pullman

Well if a used ACD is well kept (no dead pixels, colour degradation or such), then it is amazing quality for the money. Mine is 3 years and delivers the same absolutely amazing image as it did when new.

But if you want glossy then go for a used glossy display if you want to save money. I'm partial to antiglare screens because of my photowork.

14. h00ligan macrumors 68030

They are pretty close.. at least they were a few years ago. Can't really speak for now. However, they weren't much cheaper for the ips last I looked (it's been a while) - has that changed?

15. klo-mac thread starter macrumors member

thanks for reply,
    hmm, i havent decided yet, im not sure for old mac displays, im not ure will have same quality like i have on MBP 13 2010, maybe I go for latest mac display 24" or samsung led display... cant decide.