Best Display For Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sensfan67, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Sensfan67 macrumors member

I need to know the best display for a display for my macbook. This is really just for more real estate, but I may occasionally play WoW on it. My price range is around $300, so I am siding with a Dell.

2. marvinsum macrumors member

Buy as big a screen as $300 will let you, but keep in mind that the integrated graphics chip will need to work twice as hard, because it has to drive two displays.

I would recommend just playing WoW on the display of your MacBook, instead of an external monitor.

3. Helianthus macrumors member

I bought a 22" ACER for $300CAN from Canada Computers. Seeing as you are a sens fan, I'm assuming you live in Canada. They don't have a location in Ottawa, but they do ship across Canada for about $5.99 I think.

4. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

Don't forget though that by running your macbook in clamshell mode the GPU only has to drive one display

5. DaLurker macrumors 6502

From my experience unless you're doing 3D rendering, even the lowest GPU's today now can handle a 2D desktop with dual monitors at 1680x1050 fine.

I used to have a Macbook with a Dell 2005FPW (1680x1050) through DVI-D and it was great.