Best Display for Macbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Samslice12, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Samslice12 macrumors member

Hey Everyone,

I'm getting a 2.4Ghz Alu Macbook in a few days and I really want another display which I can plug it into. I'm thinking of getting the Benq E2200 but I'm not sure if that will work. I really want a 22" monitor, what are/have you guys used in the past and what do you think is good?

2. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Its a great monitor, go for it! I'm guessing your buying it from tigerdirect?.
    *1080p, 22inches, widescreen, hdmi, dvi, vga!

3. six.four macrumors 6502

as with all monitors - choosing the right monitor for you depends on your needs.

If you're looking for a multimedia monitor - this is a decent choice because of its native 1080p 16:9 resolution (1920x1080) - accepting hdmi, dvi and vga (HD version - HDA only has VGA)

Trusted reviews gave it an 8/10 (TR Recommended Rating).
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/displays/review/2009/03/18/BenQ-E2200HD-22in-LCD-Monitor/p1

One thing to keep in mind is that this is a TN panel.

4. Samslice12 thread starter macrumors member

No, I'm in Australia so I won't be buying if from there but I know some places with some pretty good deals.

What's TN panel?

5. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

the new Dell 2209WA is actually probably one of the best 22"ers right now, since it is one of the only ones with an IPS panel.

But like six.four said, it really depends on what you are doing. I mean, if it is only browsing the web and nothing that really involves color, then most "cheap" monitors with a TN panelwill do the trick. But if you want anything that is any bit color accurate, for design or editing, then you want something that has at least a PVA panel. IPS panels will give you the best image quality/color reproduction, but at the expense of being slow as far as response time goes for movies and such. PVA is right in between TN and IPS, offering really good color reproduction and also pretty good response time.

6. Samslice12 thread starter macrumors member

I guess I'll mainly be playing games, web browsing and some light photoshop work that doesn't really need amazing colour reproduction.

7. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Skip the 2.4GHz model MacBook. It is waaaaaay overpriced and doesn't bring many benefits compared to the 2.0GHz machine.