Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dr34mr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Sydney Australia
I'm in the process of getting quotes for a new Mac Pro to be used for Graphic Design (Adobe CS3) and DVD authoring (FCS2), and was wondering what displays would be recommended.

I was looking at the Lacie 526, but unfortunately Lacie no longer sell their monitors in Australia :( . Currently i am looking at either a Eizo ColorEdge CE240W or a 23" Apple Cinema Display.

I was just wondering if their was any other options in a similar price range, that would be recommended for photo manipulation, graphic design and DVD authoring.

dr34mr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Sydney Australia
Quality of Dell Displays

Thanks for the input.

I have heard varied reports on the image quality of the Dells though. And in my line of work quality is everything. Price is not so much the consideration. i am looking at spending up to AU$3000-3500 each. I need accurate color reproduction and good viewing angles, and from what i have heard Dells quality can vary greatly depending on the batch.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Yeah, I know. I was lucky enough to get a good one but I have heard pretty mixed reports. I guess with the Apple, you know you're getting a good one. Plus it'll match your Mac. I haven't seen a ColorEdge in the flesh.

dr34mr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Sydney Australia
Why not buy your Cinema display in NZ from us, http://www.appledirectseller.com, and you'd save heaps over Australia prices, even with GST paid.

I have contacts in Australia who can get me a good price. I have decided to go with the Eizo's, simply because of 3 things: #1 - 5 Year warranty. #2 - Higher Contrast and Brightness #3 - Saw them side by side at a local reseller, ran a calibration and saw the difference in picture quality.

I have always thought they both had Equally good picture quality. But sitting next to each other the Eizo was just simply better. If i had not seen them side by side i wouldn't have noticed the difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.