Best display profile for 24" ACD

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by gangst, Sep 16, 2009.

1. gangst macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I have a 24 inch ACD (the older one with aluminium bezel). Ever since I have had it I've used it on the standard 'Cinema HD Display' profile. However, I am not sure i am getting the best from the screen.

When I sit my 15" MacBook Pro (Color LCD profile) next to the ACD, the ACD seems that the colours are duller and less vivid than the MBP.

Are there any pre-set profiles which I can download and install to get the best from the monitor. Is there a profile which is considered the standard for LCD's? I would rather not calibrate it myself as I am slightly colour blind!

Thanks for any help.

2. toxic macrumors 68000

calibrating a display is to make it show accurate colors, not vivid. if your laptop has a glossy screen, that also has something to do with it.

either way, you can still calibrate your monitor even if you're slightly color blind. download supercal and use that - you're just matching the bottom rectangle to the top, whatever color you happen to see it as. and set gamma to 2.2.

3. gangst thread starter macrumors 6502a

cheers. will give it a try.

4. nutmac macrumors 68040

Starting 10.5, Mac OS X came with pretty decent built-in calibration tool. Of course, it is not a substitute for true hardware calibrator (e.g., Huey Pro, Spyder3 Pro), which you should consider if you are serious about profiling.