Best display to buy besides the apple cinema display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Willyee3, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Willyee3 macrumors member

I have an iMac 21.5 inch and I sm trying to find s dual monitor that can sorta match up to it's brightness and color quality but I don't want to drop and absurd amount to get an apple cinema display. So my question is what are my options . And what are the visual differences between LCD led and ISP displays. I'm very unfamiliar with all this so thanks for the advice and help. Btw I'm looking for a 22-23 inch display

2. Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

Hi Ya

I have idled away sometime on this one.

I have realised that what suits one person does not suit another.

One person sees a yellow tint, the next person does not etc etc.

I would go with what you can afford to spend.

In the meantime do some Google searches for Dell, Samsung, LG, Eizo, HP, Benq, Acer, people will mention others.

Once you find one you like the look of, then do a search for reviews on that model.

3. Transporteur macrumors 68030

Just to clarify some abreviations;

All flatpanel displays are LCD.
    LED is just a backlighting technology, the other available these days is CCFL. LED has the advantage that the brightness does not dim over time and it provides the full brightness right from the beginning. CCFL displays have to warm up.

IPS (ISP is your Internet Service Provider ;)), is a panel technology and considered to be the best one you can get these days.
    This is actually what makes the display expensive. S-IPS is what Apple uses and is state of the art. There are, however, cheaper IPS variants like e-IPS, which is still superior to most other technologies.

The cheapest displays use TN panels and the quality difference to IPS or PVA is massive.