Best display to pair with a 5k iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by supercannon, Aug 19, 2015.

1. supercannon macrumors newbie

I currently have a 27" iMac with 2 extra displays (Thunderbolt display and a AOC 27" display)

About to upgrade to a 5k iMac - and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for additional displays? Ideally want a total of 3 displays due to the work I do.

I'm thinking of getting rid of the Thunderbolt display as it really doesn't cope with light coming thru the window (would you please release a new iteration Apple!!)

Any help mucho appreciated :)

2. filmak macrumors 6502a

Most of times the type/size/brand of a display is dependent from the kind of work you 're doing.
    So is it for office or graphics/photo use? at 27" again or larger? price?

3. supercannon thread starter macrumors newbie

Office & graphics work 27" I think would be ok - certainly not smaller! Price doesn't really matter tbh max thunderbolt display price.

4. campyguy macrumors 68030

This: https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/benq-bl3201pt-bl3201ph

I've bought two of these for our office to pair to 5k iMacs. We have other 4k displays in our office, including two Dell P2715Q displays in front of me. All of our displays are mounted on Herman Miller Flo arms.

My "next" will be a next-rev 5k iMac and one of these BenQ displays (unless I fire one of my techs first). Drool.

5. filmak macrumors 6502a

Sorry for the delay, too many sudden obligations.

I think that a display from EIZO or NEC with their better quality is a better option from a quality standpoint.
    At this price point, this monitor from EIZO (EV2736W) has an IPS panel and the same resolution as your current Apple one but with a matt / non glare surface. Height adj. rotation etc. very nice monitor indeed.
    http://www.eizoglobal.com/products/flexscan/ev2736w/index.html