Best Divx Burning Application

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thepope, Feb 18, 2008.

1. thepope macrumors newbie

I've been using toast 7 to burn my Divx movies for my home theater but I'm wondering if there is another application I could be using.

The problem with Toast is that I will be watching the DVD in my home player and the movie cuts off before the entire feature has finished. I can usually only fit 3 or 4 on a DVD, but there will be one movie that doesn't play entirely.

Very annoying to be sitting there for an hour or so and not get to see the ending.

2. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

you could use Disco (www.discoapp.com)

or the mac os's built in burning.. as all you're really doing it creating a data disc with .avi files right?

3. thepope thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm creating a DVD disk to play in my Pioneer Divx Player connected to my home theater. I don't think the mac's burn utility does Divx?

4. thepope thread starter macrumors newbie

5. kaltsasa macrumors 6502a

Visual Hub will convert and burn a DVD of various formats, including divx. You can fit up to 18 hours on a DVD (though anything past 4 nets some increasing quality loss).

6. thepope thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried the above method and had excellent results.

I figured out what I was doing wrong with toast, I was dropping divx .avi's into the divx disk window, where I should have droppped them into DVD-ROM (UDF). This is why some movies didn't play correctly and I could only fit 4 on a DVD, whereas I should have been able to fit double this onto a DVD.

Thanks for all the help people, I now have this figured out. :eek: