Best .doc/.pdf viewer for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by jon08, Feb 27, 2011.

1. jon08, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011

jon08 macrumors 65816

I have tried USB Disk and PDF Reader, but none of them offer what I would need most: a "quick search" option (CMD+F of sorts) to quickly look for a key word in a Word or PDF text. I know iBooks and GoodReader offer quick searches within PDF docs, but unfortunately not Word docs!

What app (preferably free or low-cost) would offer the latter as well?

2. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

Good Reader is very good..

Also, have you tried iBooks?

3. jon08 thread starter macrumors 65816

Did I not just mention that they won't do it for me, since they don't offer the "search" option in Word?

4. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

Ok, I'm sorry I missed that. Let me ask you this: what are you using to upload word docs to your iPhone now?

You can use Google Docs which is usable on iPhone but Google Docs may not be the best PDF solution...

5. jon08 thread starter macrumors 65816

As I said I've tried USB Disk and PDF Reader apps, which seem pretty good. It's just that you can't "quick search" for words within documents - which is pretty much a deal-breaker for me. If you have large docs and would like to quickly find a sentence with a specific word, it's really inconvenient without this search function.

6. anti_ macrumors member

anti_

Wow. I was hoping to find an answer to my current question in this thread but after reading the OP's responses (read: attitude) there's no wonder he never got a response. Who wants to help a jerk?