Best dock with lightning?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MisterBigMack, Oct 1, 2013.

1. MisterBigMack macrumors member

I have been searching high and low the last couple of days for a new dock with the new lightning adaptor on it

To be fair my price range is about £50-£80 so don't want to spend a massive amount.

The JBL onbeat micro I think it's called looks decent, can anyone recommend me that?

Also I hope someone understands this what I'm on about, I looked at a sony radio DAB one the one other day in a retail shop and when I popped my iphone in it asked to me to download some software to use the dock and looking it seems to use the dock for music I have to play it through this sony application which looking at reviews doesn't even support ios 7 yet!

So are there any that you just pop the iphone in and play as normal through the music app?

Thanks a lot

2. johnmac59 macrumors newbie

johnmac59

I have been wondering the same thing and have found nothing when looking at my local stores.

3. Popsie macrumors member

4. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

Are you looking for just a dock? Or a music box with a dock?

5. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

The HiRise dock from 12 south looks awesome, considering getting it from amazon if my knock off cable from ebay fits with my leather case on. The seller claims it can charge and sync 5/5S..

6. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

7. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I just jumped on the kickstarter for Everdock. It looks pretty sweet, and I'm pretty sure they're the first to offer a dual lightning dock, which is what I've been looking for since the iPhone 5.

[​IMG]

8. takeshi74, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2013

takeshi74 macrumors 601

If I was shopping for a speaker dock the sound would matter more than the looks. Have you listened to any or does sound quality not matter? You really need to tell us what your preferences and priorities are for recommendations on any topic. The budget helps (many omit this as well when asking for recommendations) but give us some more criteria to work with.

I think you need to do some more research on this. The app is optional and adds the following functionality (you can research this stuff online yourself):
    ...and you can disable the prompt to download the app on docking.

Most, if not all, speaker docks are like that.

9. NZed, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013

NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

I might jump on this. Looks really nice. I said I might because theres still this, but for twice the price.

[​IMG]