Best drawing software for iPad Pro

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by John67, Feb 16, 2018.

1. John67 macrumors newbie

John67

Can anyone recommend a very good drawing program for the iPad Pro? I will be doing basic drawings and sketches- nothing more than that.

Many thanks,

John

2. ThatSandWyrm macrumors regular

ThatSandWyrm

Their functionality overlaps a bit, but I prefer Autodesk Sketchbook for simple drawing/inking, and ProCreate for coloring/painting.

3. basantiraletta macrumors newbie

basantiraletta

Paper by Fifty Three
    Adobe Photoshop Sketch
    Forge
    This apps you can try and they all are free of cost.

4. nieks macrumors 6502

nieks

I've been looking for the best sketch app as well.
    Frequently updated and to me the best app out there: Concepts. I've tried Paper by 53 as well, but I think it is limited.
    If you purchase the Pro and PDF options (in app), you can really get the best out of it. I use it for my job (urban designer) and love it. It's great for rough sketches, quick sketches, impressions, slices/cuts, but detailed drawings as well.

Definitely give it a look and a try!!

You can find more info here: https://concepts.tophatch.com/

edit: on their website, they note that the app is used by Disney, Apple, Nike, Philips, Playstation and more.

5. Miha_v macrumors newbie

Been testing iPad pro for a couple of days recently. Trying out Adobe Sketch made me think iPad Pro is not suited for me at all. Everytime I wanted to pinch zoom unwanted lines were drawn, for example. ProCreate gave me a completely different experience; intuitive, much better feeling in general, no problems with pinch zoom function whatsoever. I use Photoshop a lot and this app made me feel very familiar quickly. Well worth those couple of dollars IMO, but that's just my 5 cents.

6. virtualking macrumors newbie

I am using the best one i.e. adobe photoshop and I am using it for many many months

7. nieks macrumors 6502

nieks

8. SoggyCheese Suspended

SoggyCheese

I use ProCreate for the sketching/drawing/colouring side of things, then typically export finished drawings through Pixelmator if they need any cropping, skewing etc. I have wondered if the Autodesk software might be able to combine these into one, but ProCreate's interface is so damn intuitive it's hard to put that down.