Best "dual" dock for iPod and iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by CtotheP, Mar 15, 2011.

1. CtotheP macrumors regular

What options are there out there for a dock that has 2 connectors on it to dock an iPod/iPhone and iPad simultaneously?

2. mikecenizal macrumors member

3. ChiliBlue, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011

ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

I have the the Extreme Mac and it works with both iPads. With the iPad2 it takes a bit more time to dock it because you have to kind of angle it with the dock connector. The first few days it took me a few minutes to dock it but now that I have the hang of it, no problems.

I purchased mine at Frys for $50 or $60 and I haven't regretted it. I give it 2 very enthusiastic thumbs up.

4. brettatk macrumors regular

If I ever get my iPad 2, I'm seriously looking at this Incharge Duo. They have it at buy.com for $49.99 w/ free shipping. Do you know if it will fit in the dock with the smart cover on?

5. FireSokar macrumors regular

I personally do not buy an dock / case with-out looking at it first. (except the 7$ temporary tpu case i bought). There are to many variables to your needs, case / no case. What case, phone case/ no case etc. Also I have had an dock that's to lite and the damn phone can tip it over. I honestly recommend shopping around at a physical store.

6. brettatk macrumors regular

Good point. Maybe I'll stop and see if they have it at Frys so I can look at it.

7. Aqua Bliss macrumors 6502

8. mikecenizal macrumors member

thank you sir! I'll scoop one up this weekend

9. cbronfman macrumors 6502

ChiliBlue says "yes," but the Apple Online store lists a whole lot of compatible devices - only the iPad is listed, not iPad2. I think it's worth checking out before purchasing (not that I doubt ChiliBlue's success). I'd put it in my cart on the Online store (I do stuff like that just to feel I could order something (although I don't) and actually get it while I wait for my iPad2 to get off Lantau Island).

10. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

Sorry for the bad pic. It does work with the iPad 2.

11. seanpholman macrumors regular

12. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

Why wouldn't there be room? If not you could always leave the smart cover open, or take it off. Takes like .0000000001 Seconds to remove :D

13. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

Yes but it pinches the cover at the bottom and makes it harder to dock. Also when I'm home I don't use the smart cover.