Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CtotheP

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
Silicon Valley
What options are there out there for a dock that has 2 connectors on it to dock an iPod/iPhone and iPad simultaneously?

ChiliBlue

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2008
Houston, TX
thats looks nice. i wonder if it has any adjustability to accommodate the ipad 2's thinner and tapered case? anyone have this that can confirm?

I have the the Extreme Mac and it works with both iPads. With the iPad2 it takes a bit more time to dock it because you have to kind of angle it with the dock connector. The first few days it took me a few minutes to dock it but now that I have the hang of it, no problems.

I purchased mine at Frys for $50 or $60 and I haven't regretted it. I give it 2 very enthusiastic thumbs up.

Last edited:

brettatk

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2011
If I ever get my iPad 2, I'm seriously looking at this Incharge Duo. They have it at buy.com for $49.99 w/ free shipping. Do you know if it will fit in the dock with the smart cover on?

FireSokar

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
If I ever get my iPad 2, I'm seriously looking at this Incharge Duo. They have it at buy.com for $49.99 w/ free shipping. Do you know if it will fit in the dock with the smart cover on?

I personally do not buy an dock / case with-out looking at it first. (except the 7$ temporary tpu case i bought). There are to many variables to your needs, case / no case. What case, phone case/ no case etc. Also I have had an dock that's to lite and the damn phone can tip it over. I honestly recommend shopping around at a physical store.

mikecenizal

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2008
I have the the Extreme Mac and it works with both iPads. With the iPad2 it takes a bit more time to dock it because you have to kind of angle it with the dock connector. The first few days it took me a few minutes to dock it but now that I have the hang of it, no problems.

I purchased mine at Frys for $50 or $60 and I haven't regretted it. I give it 2 very enthusiastic thumbs up.

thank you sir! I'll scoop one up this weekend

cbronfman

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
Washington DC
thats looks nice. i wonder if it has any adjustability to accommodate the ipad 2's thinner and tapered case? anyone have this that can confirm?

ChiliBlue says "yes," but the Apple Online store lists a whole lot of compatible devices - only the iPad is listed, not iPad2. I think it's worth checking out before purchasing (not that I doubt ChiliBlue's success). I'd put it in my cart on the Online store (I do stuff like that just to feel I could order something (although I don't) and actually get it while I wait for my iPad2 to get off Lantau Island).

ChiliBlue

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2008
Houston, TX
fabbb36a.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic. It does work with the iPad 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.