Best DVD burner software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 2macORnot2mac, Jun 24, 2013.

1. 2macORnot2mac macrumors regular

2macORnot2mac

Any current recommendations on a DVD burner app?

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Roxio Toast is what I use. Have used it for several years without any problems. You can try it for free. Will cost you after free trial, but worth it. Others here on boards will surely offer suggestions, some for free. Check them all out and see what will work best for you in the end.

3. Bear macrumors G3

What do you want to burn that the built-in burning function can't handle? This will help point you to the software that might be best for you.

4. 2macORnot2mac thread starter macrumors regular

2macORnot2mac

The current macs don't have iDVD anymore.

5. gerryd72 macrumors newbie

Yeah, I bought my first ever Mac 3 months ago and it doesn't have iDVD. I'm really enjoying it but I am looking for DVD burning software. I have various file types (avi, mkv, mp4) that I want to be able to drop into some nice burning software without the hassle of having to convert each individual file. I used Burn previously with mixed results. I did have to do a bit of converting and 1 of the videos didn't play properly on the DVD.

Any recommendations would be helpful. Cheers.

6. azahar macrumors newbie

azahar

7. Shaggymax macrumors member

Shaggymax

+1 Toast. Have used Toast for 10 years. Haven't had the need to try other burning software on Mac.