Best DVD Conversion Software For iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wrkactjob, May 11, 2011.

1. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

....and don't say Handbrake!...the audio volume is reduced by 50% when I use Handbrake, I need a converter with a volume boost facility or at least one that doesn't decrease the audio level for some reason.

2. mrtibbs macrumors newbie

Elagato's Turbo HD .264...hands down ...$99 though...full dvd = 20-29 mins

3. dmunz macrumors regular

DVD Catalyst 4

Tools4movies.com

It is not the fastest, but it is one-stop conversion and it will stack multiple formats (iPad, iPod Touch, Droid??) if you want to convert for all your toys in one session.

FWIW
    DLM

4. jacobson00 macrumors member

wow, i am actually looking for a great converter for ipad. I have a bunch of .avi, wmv files i would like to convert. any suggestion.
    Sorry i am taking away from the discussion

5. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

Handbrake is free and get vlc player so you can convert any dvd.

6. wrkactjob thread starter macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

But as you can probably deduce from my thread that if your utilising Handbrake for use on the ipad or iphone be prepared for very low volume levels. Lots have people have commented on this stange fault.

7. rowuncw macrumors newbie

I tried Handbrake last night and it was going to take over 20 hours to rip a 2.5 hr. movie using the iPad presets :confused:. Is that normal?

8. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

A 2.5 hr movie would usually take me 45 mins to convert. It really depends on your computer as it is very cpu intensive.

9. rowuncw macrumors newbie

On Handbrake? I'm running an Intel i7 processor with 8 GB of RAM. Maybe I just didn't let it run long enough for the estimated time to drop, but it was definitely at around 20 hours estimated to complete for about the first 30 minutes before I aborted. I should also add I was trying to convert a physical DVD as opposed to a file already on my computer, if that makes a difference.

10. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

Theres definitely something going on there. I also use physical dvds and im running an i5. Might be something with the preset maybe 2pass encoding. I only use one and i use the universal preset so it can be viewed equally well on ipod touch apple tv and ipad.

11. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

I've never had any low volume issues using HandBrake. I run the OS X Version. I have converted DVDs and other various formats in SD and HD flavors. I stopped converting formats a long time ago. I just download them already formatted to what I need. Converting takes too long and I don't have the patience for it anymore.