Best DVD Ripper for extracting Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Ractal89, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Ractal89 macrumors newbie

I'm in need for a dvd ripper, here is what I plan to do with it, I'm a video editor and I like the fact that I can split the audio in 6 different channels, because I need the dialogue from the movie on a separate track, that way I can get rid of the music and create my own trailer or works. I do this for clients of mine and I need something that will do this, so far the only thing that has worked thus far is WinX Mac DVD Ripper, however, it turns out there are some really bad reviews for this software, I've also tried Handbrake, which doesn't work, because all I get out of the conversion is a "This file can't play or Quicktime doesn't support this file or VLC crashes down instantly or nothing happens", the other thing that happens when I load the dvd is that I only load the video TS but no audio TS. I need a Ripper to get out the video and audio, specifically 6 channel audio? Any advice or software recommendations would be grateful, Thank You.

2. Bear macrumors G3

If the software works for you, does it matter what the reviews say? It sounds like you have a working solution, why not stick to it?

3. phrehdd macrumors 68040

phrehdd

I don't know what you plan to use to play them back but there are a few options - DVDFab (Win or OSX), MakeMkv (though results is to ideally create an MKV file of the main movie) or on Windows - via virtual if you like - AnyDVD. There are many decent software options out there.