Best Ear-phone ear-bud for Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BigAlTouch, Sep 21, 2008.

1. BigAlTouch macrumors newbie

Hey guys so i finally got my touch, id been waiting since june to get it, and finally new ones came out and picked mine up wednesday at walmart(of all places). Anyway so this morning i went for my bike ride and the wire from the ear buds got caught on the tire, shredded everything, except my touch, so now I need to buy some after market earbuds, any suggestions i heard the skull candy titans were good, and smokin buds, but what else not lookin to spend more that 30 bucks, the less the better. Thanks

2. JTag macrumors newbie

3. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

The Zune Premium headphones are the best sounding ones in my collection. You can buy them seperately for close to that $30.

4. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

Without a doubt Etymotic ER6i's. They are the most true to sound canal phones that I and many other people have experience. About $70.

5. Naro macrumors newbie

Agreed. I have them, they work great.

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

These would sound closer to the higher-end IEMs in terms of replicating sound best.

However, if you liked your headphones from Cupertino, which audiophiles (and those that are somewhat below them on the heiarchy) would tell you were s***; you might want to go with something like the Sennheiser CX300.

The reason I recommend them is because they are going to be a step up from your Apple earphones; but still going to retain a heavy bass dynamic. Also, they are much closer to your price range and will still block out noise pretty well.

Here is a debate going on in our forum

7. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

skullcandy - ink'd pretty decent and pretty cheap...got mine for $9.99

8. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

These iLuv headphones + A headphone headset adapter like this or this-

That way you can control the volume with the iLuvs, and use the button on the adapter as an external play/pause/skip/back (one/one/two/three clicks) control. The sound is great too, and they are really durable. Almost 1yr old, and they still look like new, but that could also be because I always take good care of my stuff... :D

9. rausda27 macrumors newbie

I bought the Bose in ear headphones and have been really pleased with the sound quality..they are 89 bucks at ciruit city..

10. jstanier macrumors regular

jstanier

I've always liked the Shure e2c ear buds, but then again some people have found them really uncomfortable. :(

11. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

You want the best?

Yuin Ok1.

They are $269 I believe. They sound like big cans. Give them a google.

12. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

The OP wanted suggestions on earbuds at or under $30.

The V Moda are at $30 on Amazon, other places and sound pretty good IMO.

13. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Oops I am sorry, completely missed that.

The vmodas are known for build quality issues, so I would do more research on that.

I would go for the JVC marshmallows or Yuin Pk3 (for $39). Also the zune premium buds and new sony buds (I have to find the link) are very robust.

14. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I like my V Modas, but I know others have had problems. I have never tried the Yuins. I have to check them out.

15. jojomcjojo macrumors newbie

Checkout the JBuds J2 - just came out!

Personally, my favorite new headphones are the JBuds J2 earbuds from http://www.JLabAudio.com . I just got a pair of the Onyx Black JBuds J2 and they sound GREAT! You can get the details on them at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GS8FZ2 . I’ve had them for a few weeks and they’re the best headphones I’ve ever owned. They are super comfortable and the build is ultra durable.

16. Joetang macrumors member

Do you know what the difference between the V-Moda Vibe and the V-Moda Vibe DUO is? are they both compatible with the iPod Touch 2G? Also, how is the sound isolation on those?

17. Illuminated macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

18. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F138 Safari/525.20)

if you want just better sound on the street while you listen to music, Sony in-earphone is one of the best. I don't remember particular model. But $59.95 one is nice and cheaper. Yeah, wearing it behind neck is little weird. But actually it helps wire organized around your body.

19. drb6 macrumors regular

I'm not an audiophile but my favs are the Sony Fontopia LP51s at about 20 bucks, they can't be beat.