Best earbuds with hooks AND mic/volume control?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by RolandNights, Aug 9, 2012.

1. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, I'm looking for some recommendations earbuds that hook around the ear AND have mic/volume control. I have a super old version of these Sony earbuds until the sound started going out in one ear. At the same time, I wish they had a mic/remote built in to use when I watch to change songs while exercising. Preferrably something that doesn't completely plug up the ears. Some earbuds fit so tightly that I can hear myself breathing in my head. Not a fun feeling when I'm exercising.

I'm looking for something pretty durable, too. They don't have to be some "extreme outdoor sport alpha+ edition (waterproof up to 60m)" headphones, but definitely not something fragile. I've had my old Sonys for maybe 5-6 years, I've spent hours and hours in the gym wearing these earbuds (and lost 70 lbs!), and I've probably accidentally yanked them off dozens of times. Not too bad for earbuds I bought at Walgreens for $4. I hope to have some earbuds that last as long. Thanks for any help guys.

2. NotYourCookies macrumors newbie

3. RolandNights thread starter macrumors 6502a

Very cool! I'l definitely look into these. My ideal price is probably around $50. I'd also be interested in the types of earbuds that wrap around your ear (i.e., the cord goes over the top of the ear lobe and into your ear), but I don't want anything noise-cancelling/isolating. Thanks for your help!