Best earphone for classique and rock music

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by warplane95, Nov 4, 2013.

1. warplane95 macrumors regular

Hi, I'm searching for a good earphone (like this model):
    http://tipstrick.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/url.jpeg

My gender of music is rock and classique (howard shore- LOTR) for study. yes im at university and I need good soundproofing.

I dont have a budget, but I didnt wanna pay too much.

2. Gofre macrumors regular

"Paying too much" means different things to different people, I'm happy to spend a few hundred pounds on a pair of headphones whereas for some people £20 is pushing it. A rough spending range would be useful :)

3. warplane95 thread starter macrumors regular

I dont know whats the limit price of earphone.

Now I use my stock galaxy s3 earphone, do you think i'll notice a difference from a 100$ earphone?

4. Gofre macrumors regular

In ear headphones can go right up into the thousands of dollars.

Yep, you definitely will. For $100 and the music you listen to I'd definitely go for the Hifiman RE-400, a very well regarded IEM with a warm tonality that suits rock music especially well.

5. warplane95 thread starter macrumors regular

6. ChrisA macrumors G4

Yes. $100 gets you into a pair of professional quality studio headphones. But I doubt you'd notice much difference between $100 and $250 headphones

These two are "the standards" in the recording industry. I like the open back K240 but all open back headphone leak sound in both direction so you can't use them in noisy environments or with open microphones. The Sony 7506 isolates sound better. I think these two are the best at the $100 price point.
    MDR7506
    K240S

I think for every increment of quality you need to at least double the price. So the next step after these cost $250 for marginal improvements.

7. warplane95 thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, but I search for intra earphone, not headphone. I already have a Siberia V2 for gaming

8. bwhli macrumors 6502a

bwhli

Have you considered the Shure SE425? It's a great IEM for rock and classical.

9. warplane95 thread starter macrumors regular

10. bwhli macrumors 6502a

bwhli

Didn't see that earlier. Sorry about that. A few of my friends have been pretty happy with the Sennheiser IE4.

11. UBS28 macrumors 6502a

Considering that the mids are very important for rock music, the Shure SE215 is the IEM for you. It also has the best soundstage for IEM under $100 which will help with your LOTR music. The isolation is pretty good too if you pick the right tip for your ear.

12. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

The Shures are considered to be the yardstick by which every other company is measured, so you won't go wrong with any of their models.

Personally, I'm a fan of the B&W, but will concede that while they are excellent, with great audio, and are stunning to look at, they are not cheap. Their IEM is called the C5, but exceeds the price limit you have set out.

Anyway, along with UBS28, I'd recommend that you consider the Shure SE215; it strikes me as being the best IEM on offer within the price range that you have indicated.

13. warplane95 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply, I check review of RE-400 and SE215, I think i'll more appreciate the RE-400 because I listen alot of pink floyd and classical.

14. warplane95 thread starter macrumors regular

thank you, but I have already a headphone, here I want a earphone (IEM)

15. colinwil macrumors regular

The trouble with Sennheiser is they sell some rubbish headphone models alongside the good ones, so you have to be careful.

But I find the Sennheiser CX300 II in-ear headphones are excellent, and well within your price band. Check out the reviews, and have a listen to a pair if you can.