best earphones for confort....and sound

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by surajnangia, Sep 30, 2009.

1. surajnangia macrumors 6502

Hi... i have read reviews for both. Shure e4c... and SE 530.. but had a few questions....
    are shure earphones comfortable.... i am looking for just 2 things mainly.....

1) Confort
    2) Sound..

I previously had B&O earphones... an i have now used closed to 5 years approx and will like to change for the better... price for me is not much of an issue... i have never worn in ear earphones.. so i have no idea.... for me i just need something superbly confortable and which sound great... are there any others u can recommed.. thanks..

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

My thoughts on the Shure SE530 here. One thing to note is it really is a two week process of getting used to them. They are going to hurt the first couple of times, but eventually you learn to love them. I believe this to be true with any IEM.

3. ZizousamA macrumors member

I got the Bose in-ear earphones. I like its sound quality and most of all its comfort. It's the first earphone I ever tried that has achieved what I call the tough equation. It doesn't fall of your ear and it doesn't hurt or bother you.

4. WG5516 macrumors regular

I've had both the Bose in-ear headphones and the shure IEM. I recommend the shure headphones, but with a caveat. Over the course of 3 yrs I had to purchase 2 pair of the shure headphones because the wiring tends to wear and split open if you wear them over your ears like they suggest. It was my fault for not setting up the warranty and it was a lesson learned, which then lead me to purchase the Bose earphones. They've been great, but I enjoyed the sound quality of the Shure IEM's a lot better.

5. marioman38 macrumors 6502a

marioman38

6. celticpride678

I hope you mean you don't like SkullCandy. I have gone through 3 pairs in 2 months and keep very good care of them. Sound great for the first few days, then stink. The only thing they have is comfort. Never buy SkullCandy. Horrible headphones.

7. Maccin475 macrumors member

Look into the Etymotic Research HF2's . These earphones sound very sick and and very comfortable.

8. surajnangia thread starter macrumors 6502

i have had a bad experience with apple in earphones... thats y i somehow am i little scared of spending money on in ear phones.. they were so uncomfortable.......

9. Emitor macrumors newbie

Emitor

I second that! SkullCandy headphones are horrible! Their more for high school valley girl looks than quality.

10. svndmvn Guest

the newer apple in ears are considered quite good, quality and comfort wise, a lot better than the older ones actually, you might want to try them, I guess you can send them back if you don't like them.

11. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I've never moved beyond Sennheiser CX300s because they're so incredibly comfortable I don't notice I'm wearing them.

Saying that if price is no limit then you can get better.

12. iChanged macrumors member

iChanged

My Apple earphones started making a whirring sound in a month.. thanks to the high volume I'm addicted to. I got Sony MDR series in-ear earphones, sound quality pretty decent. But after 5 months, my right ear has started to pain. I checked it up, these in-ear kinds can mess with the ears. Actually there are safety norms, which of course the manufacturers do not bother informing about. Be careful with these... better to go with headphones, they are safer.

13. surajnangia thread starter macrumors 6502

B&O earphones

Hi.. i have the A8 earphones since the last 4 years...i have been quite happy with them... however i have noticed that B&O havent got any new model or so... i kindoff like mine .. but its time i change... is it that the model hasent change but they must have changed something inside the earphones for the better..or they all together havent made a effort to change them...

i was inclined towards shure but i dont want to buy in ear earphones.... any other suggestions.. thanks/.. plus B&O look and feel great... also..

14. Xapphire13 macrumors regular

Xapphire13

15. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

depending on ya budget, ya might wanna look at shure, theyre pretty expensive but i've heard great things about them, or Koss, sennheiser i've got a pair of koss portapro's and there brilliant and pretty cheap too ( i only paid about 40 dollars for mine )

16. Xapphire13 macrumors regular

Xapphire13

I second Sennheiser... extremely good headphones

17. JazzleSAURUS macrumors newbie

+1

I had a set of shures that i blew in a week, returned them, experienced the same result, and got a set of $20 sennheisers that rock the shures.