Best earphones with mic for ipod touh.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by iboy38, Jan 27, 2010.

1. iboy38 macrumors member

iboy38

I bought a 8GB iPod Touch and It didn't come with the head phones with a mic. I was gonna go ahead and buy it from apple, but their headphones have bad rteviews. Does anyone know any good earphones with a mic that is under $30 and not made by apple?

2. eexogenesis7 macrumors newbie

you could try the Skullcandy ink'd w/ mic I got them for $22 at target

3. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

That's probably the best you can do for under $30. If you wanted to spend a little more you could get something like the klipsch s4i, really awesome earphones with a mic, but it's quite a bit more expensive. Worth it IMO.

4. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

if u are on a budget, get the klipsch S2m.
    EDIT: i thought the S2m might be good too as the S4 is very nice but i was wrong, for something nice, go for a set of sennehiser CX300.

5. oliverhoward macrumors newbie

Apple iphone earphone OR Apple ipod earphone with mic - both are $29 @ Apple online store. Check them out!

6. androiphone macrumors 65816

do those skullcandy headphones have the chip in for the latest ipod/phone lines like shuffle and 3Gs?

7. thedwolfe macrumors member

thedwolfe

earphones with earbuds, mic and remote control

I'm looking for a pair of earphones for my new iPod touch that have the mic and remote control for music but have "earbuds". Something more comfortable than the Apple original set.

8. metalhead777 macrumors regular

Apple headphones with Mic and Remote.

9. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

You should look at the dates of posting...

10. rabbisound macrumors newbie

well you could buy some shi-t like most people do here and regret and buy again and again and eventually settle for the last piece of crap you buy or you could sit back work out how much money you would have spent on 10 shitt-y pairs and think maybe you should do it just ONCE and get it right the first time:

SHURE SE530
    + SHURE MPA Adapter - Mic.

Get this audio wonder for a one-off fee of maybe $400 , cheaper than buying a bunch of crap, great warranty (you're cool for 2 years) best company to deal with if anything goes wrong, you will not get better sound in IN-EAR cans

EARPHONES are your SPEAKERS don't skimp on sound !

11. rabbisound macrumors newbie

Headphones - SONY MDR-7509HD, they're Pure and you can add your own bass/treble if you like with iTunes/iPod - just don't ever let a headphone maker do it for you and lock it in like .....BOSE, no control/

Avoid Bose quiet comfort and all their lines - there are famous musicians out here that are soon going to sue BOSE for changing their sound, it's BASS-POO overkill.

MONITORS / SPEAKERS - GENELEC 8040A

AUDIO IS EVERYTHING DON'T SKIMP YA DIRTY RATS

So to sum it up you need:
    GENELEC 8040A Monitors
    SONY MDR-7509HD Headphones
    SHURE SE530 Earphones

12. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

I don't see how a judge would even consider hearing such a lawsuit. Both the musicians and their listeners have a choice when purchasing audio equipment. Most musicians would rightfully stay away from Bose in the studio, as most Bose products alter the signal rather noticeably, and no self-respecting recording/mixing engineer would use Bose cans at the mixing desk. But the musicians have no right to force their listeners to do the same, just as they have no right to force users to stop using the earbuds supplied by Apple with their iPods.

My personal opinion: Bose is more about marketing than engineering, and has been ever since the Wave Radio came out years (decades?) ago. Whether these musicians like it or not, Bose has a fair amount of recognition as a "premium" audio brand among casual listeners.

Of course, rabbisound, you and I know better than to call Bose "premium", but not the "average Joe" that might consider Target a premium department store.

13. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

14. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Best and $30 don't work together.

The SE530 mentioned previously are excellent, but probably too far about the suggested budged.

Add another $50 to that budget and get the Klipsch S4. I enjoyed them as much as headphones twice the price.