Best easy to apply screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by aoaaron, Oct 24, 2014.

1. aoaaron macrumors 6502

Hey I bought an anti glare screen protector for now from the apple store. It was surprisingly easy apart from that I got a tiny bit of dust trapped inside it. also it doesn't quite fit the screen.

Can someone please suggest a screen protector which does and is easy to apply? Preferably maybe coming with two incase I mess up the first one.

2. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

3. aoaaron thread starter macrumors 6502

Any other options?

What about the invisible shield zagg tempered glass?

4. MomMom1012 macrumors member

Tech Armor. I got a 3pk on Amazon for $7. Installation was super easy. There were a couple small air bubbles but I was able to get them out without much trouble.

5. StophMac24 macrumors 6502

StophMac24

Does yours have a healthy lift around the whole edge of the phone?

Just got mine today and installed it to find the lift. Can't beat the price but wondering if it is standard or if I should waste one to re-apply a second one.

6. berthaconners macrumors member

Best easy screen protector: amfilm iphone 6

They send you information on how to install. Easiest installation i've ever had, just follow the directions.

7. snowcrash macrumors regular

snowcrash

They are all pretty much easy if you take your time, get rid of all the dust (usually using the supplied tape) and don't rush. I have tried many but happiest with Tech Armor. For the price they can't be beat. Crystal clear! My only issue with them (pretty much all dry application protectors) for the 6/6 plus is the curved edges so it's not really full glass coverage. The top cutout is a bit wonky on the TA but that doesn't bother me at all. I hear the next version will have better cutouts.

Whatever you do, don't get that overpriced anti-glare one they sell at the Apple Store. That thing is horrible. Unless you like looking at a dull, dim, textured screen all day.

8. hotdog4u macrumors member

A+ on my book...i'm using it...hdx one...no glass type.

9. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

Any iCarez screen protectors. They have an easy installation process that's pretty simple to follow. I applied my anti-glare one without any issue, and it's lined up perfectly.

10. aoaaron thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. Also how do you take a screen protector off without scratching the phone? I'm sure I'm doing it wrong at the moment.

I did buy the crappy antiglare one as a stop gap :(

11. emailYasmin macrumors member

emailYasmin

To Remove the Screen Protector

To Remove the Screen Protector, I just put a scotch tape On the corner and pull it off.

12. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

I have this on my 6+. It's definitely overpriced at $17.99 for a 2 pack. But I love the anti glare/matte finish. I bought an eBay screen protector for my wife's iP5 a while back and it was the ant glare type. I liked it so much that I knew when I got a new phone that's what I wanted. Different strokes for different folks I guess!

----------

Oh and to the OP. I have had great luck applying screen protectors in a steamy bathroom to cut down on the dust problem. Just turn on the shower on hot for a few minutes to get it steamy. Not TOO steamy just mildly. Then proceed with the installation.

13. N23 macrumors regular

For most screen protectors, it's best to apply them in a steamy bathroom to rid of any dust particles floating about.