Best eSATA card for my '09 MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pmj13, Sep 30, 2011.

1. pmj13 macrumors newbie

This is my first time posting on here, but i'm in need of some help/recommendations.

I have a 2009 Macbook Pro (3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 GB RAM) and I need to purchase an eSATA card for my computer, in order to have both of my external hard drives connected to the computer at the same time and have solid transfer speed; having one connected through Firewire800 and one connected through USB 2.0 isn't cutting it.

Which eSATA card would you recommend for my MBP? Price isn't a huge issue. I'm more concerned about reliability and compatibility with my model.

Thanks!

2. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

3. pmj13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, i've ben trying to research all day and that one is by far the best looking, but it seems to be having some issues with Lion.

I can't seem to find much in regards to reviews, though, so I would really love some help from you all.

I am really interested in a card that has 2 eSATA ports that would be able to host 2 external hard drives at the same time.

Help!:eek:

4. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

Not sure about Lion (still 10.6) but all you really need is to get a card that uses Silicon image. I bought a Rosewill 2 Port for like 20.00 that can get over 150MB/s r/w. Plug and play. Apparently reviewers are claiming it is OK on Lion as well if you get the newest Silicon drivers.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16839200006