Best Everyday Case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ValentinoV, Jan 5, 2012.

1. ValentinoV macrumors member

Hi everyone, I finally bought an iphone 4s, my last apple product was the ipod classic 160 gb back in 2007, for that I had a contourcase which imo is the best ipod case ever made. For the gym I am planning to use the survivor, so I am looking for an everyday case that is not too thick, I already eliminated the defender (b/c the dock connector won't stay closed), the lifeproof case (b/c it can be opened up to only 50 times). I'm looking at the commuter, the candyshell, and the mighty vault. I tend to drop my phone, and would like something that provides an ample amount of protection.

If I go with a case that doesn't come with a screen protector, I'll prob use it in conjunction with a moshi AG.

Also carbon fibre cases seem to look so good, but do they provide any protection (shock absorption)?

PLEASE help me narrow down the choice, there are too many options!

Thank you all in advance for any suggestions!

Or if possible could someone list cases by degree of protection?

2. chobie macrumors newbie

The Otterbox reflex. It's not as bulky as the defender but still provides good protection.

For slimmer choices, the Speck Pixelskin HD and Switcheasy Eclipse provides good protection. The Candyshell is good to but shows a lot of scratches. There's a matte version which is the Satin that you might also consider.

3. ValentinoV thread starter macrumors member

thanks i will look into those, does the candyshell have good drop protection?

4. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

I use the Reflex it's great.

5. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Yes, the Candyshell has top-of-the-line drop protection. And Speck also has another Candyshell out now called the Candyshell Grip. Pretty radical looking, but if you want something that's easy to hold on to...this would be the case.

https://www.speckproducts.com/iphone-case/candyshell-grip-for-iphone-4s-4.html

6. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Otterbox Commuter (4s/4). Protects the dock connector from dust/dirt and is less bulky than the defender.

7. ValentinoV thread starter macrumors member

thank you all for your responses!

quick add on question does anyone have experience with any of the element carbon fibre cases?

I am settled on either the candyshell or an element carbon fibre case,

thanks in advance :)

8. ValentinoV thread starter macrumors member

I bought the vapor ion, but returned it b/c it was incompatible with the moshi visor ag, i bought the speck candyshell flip and it worked perfectly!

Now onto mounts, I like the look of the exogear universal, but was wondering if there is anything that is more sturdier/less prone to vibrations, proclip is out of my price range, therefore any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

9. jhonpaul macrumors newbie

soft case

iphone 4s cool phone..i also have with a cool soft case..

10. maliu macrumors 6502a

The Lifeproof case IS an every day case it's not made to take on and off and once you put it on you won't want to take it off. Don't let the "50" scare you. I take mine off once a month or so just to inspect. At the rate I'm going I'll have to replace the back in 4 years (the clips on the back wear with opening). It weighs about an ounce and is tough!

11. latest70 macrumors newbie

12. DashSatan macrumors 6502

I just got ballistic sg case and I must say I think it's the best drop protection case I've ever seen. Lint magnet but it seems to be wearing off.

13. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Glad to hear this. I have a Reflex on the way to me.

14. walmartmartyr macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I thought that the magpul's were hands down the best case out there! Especially for the price

15. Catcher macrumors regular

Iluv Gelato for me. Fairly slim, good fit, doesn't bend out at the volume switches like the Magpul, easy to take off if needed, good port openings, nice looking and reasonably priced.

16. MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

I'm likely in the minority but the Otterbox Defender is an everyday case for me.