Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vp719

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
For work I have to update a number of files (Excel, Word, etc.) a number of times each day both from my MBP and my iPhone. I am a MobileMe subscriber so I have access to my iDisk but I'm not to efficient with it. What's the best way to keep my files up to date at all times so I can access them from both devices and see the latest changes? As of now I'll open the file on my MBP, edit it, save it to the desktop, then drag it back to my iDisk. I don't do too much editing on my iPhone because I have yet to find an app to make it simple. I just want to be able to open the Excel file, add some numbers to the columns, and resave it to my iDisk so I can access it when I get back to my MBP.

Ideas?

Thanks

ericvmazzone

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2008
Kalamazoo, MI
I put a folder in my Dock that points to where I have my files on iDisk. I click that folder select my file make my edits and close the program after savings. My MPB save the file back to iDisk for me.

No fuss, no muss.

str1f3

macrumors 68000
Aug 24, 2008
If you're looking for viewing and editing then it is Quickoffice. If you're looking for just Excel editing only they offer the Quicksheets standalone application. I do know that the full Quickoffice application has iDisk support, I'm not sure about Quicksheets. It probably does. You'll have to look that up.

Docs to Go will soon have Excel support but it remains to be seen if they will offer iDisk support. As of right now it seems that it is something they are just considering now. Considering they are in competition with Quickoffice, they probably will introduce it someday but who knows when.

For mobile editing, these are going to be your only choices. They are top two in their field on any platform.

If you're looking for just viewing a document or spreadsheet on iDisk, the I suggest you wait a week or two for Apple to release their iDisk app for the iPhone.

fa.ce

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2006
I put a folder in my Dock that points to where I have my files on iDisk. I click that folder select my file make my edits and close the program after savings. My MPB save the file back to iDisk for me.

No fuss, no muss.

I'm interested in these questions as well.
Do you enabled iDisk syncronization ?
I don't want to enable it and i'm looking for a simple way to open files stored into my iDisk WITHOUT have to first download on my desktop (mac and pc).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.