Best exchange mail app for Sierra?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pjny, Nov 12, 2016.

1. pjny macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I love Airmail 3 for my exchange and gmail mail but I am trying to segregate my personal and office emails because don't want to make any mistakes sending email using the wrong address or have to scroll through work contacts and risk choosing the wrong sender from a list of company and personal emails.

I tried Unibox but it does not seem to work with my exchange. I think the problem is Unibox works with IMAP only. I tried logging into my exchange using Unibox setup but it timed out.

Airmail is one of the few apps where there have been zero problems with exchange.

Is there any way to run two instances of Airmail 3?

Thanks.

2. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Yes there is:

open -n /Applications/Airmail.app/

But I suspect you want to have a completely seperate copy of Airmail 3 so that one is setup only with work email accounts and one with personal? Thats more difficult as you need to run a seperate instance in a way that has its own prefs files and app data so one can have work accounts and the other personal accounts...I'm not sure how to do that but maybe someone will come along...

3. pjny thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks. i purchased airmail 1 off the app store and redownloaded it. running exchange well. anyone know why other apps have such problems with exchange.

4. campyguy macrumors 68030

The only email app I know of that implements multiple profiles is Outlook 2011, via Identities, and Outlook 2016, via Profiles. Outlook 2016's implementation is, well, I can't write it here.

I keep my work and personal accounts separate simply by using two Standard User Accounts; my main personal and all of my work email accounts are Office 365 hosted by MS. There's no slick alternative AFAIK...

I do have a few email accounts - iCloud, Outlook.com, and Gmail. For the latter two, I use the paid version of Fluid (which creates webapps). The paid version allows for segregated cookies. iCloud's web space doesn't work with Fluid AFAIK. It works well with other webmail accounts, though I've never used Fluid with my O365 accounts.

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

One thing to consider...can your Exchange email account be setup as IMAP? Most hosting services support this.