Best exchange policy for Macbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Fred87nc, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Fred87nc macrumors member

can I exchange my
    MacBook If I lie and say it powers down at random on medium or full battery life ? Then later on return the unopened MacBook or return it for store credit ?I want to wait for new mac book !

2. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

*sigh* have fun waiting, it may come out five months from now for all we know, but whatever.

They'll look into the issue, and will probably give you an exchange in the store. for a new one (they open the box). You can return it within the two week waiting period and pay $100, or they may refund you there, we can't be for certain.

3. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Boy, you are thinking of any excuse.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Nope it won't work.

They will not be able to reproduce it, so you will waste your time and their time.

1 vote for wasteland.

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Plus they won't exchange it, they will send it off to Apple Care to have them fix it. They won't find a problem so you'll just waste time without a computer.

TEG

6. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Applecares policy is repair, not replacement. Somewhere around the 3rd documented valid issue they may supply a replacement, but more than likely it will be a refurb or old stock model of the existing MacBook, not a new one. Per your old thread... Stop trying to find ways to scam and con people. Karma is a b*tch, and no one likes a liar, a cheat, or a thief.

7. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

And people especially don't like people who ask others how to lie, cheat or steal.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I ****ing love how newbies come here and ask these questions. Really, it's not even that they're new, but it is clear their intent is to register to ask.

OP, if you're going to be a twit then be a twit. Don't ask for approval. Grow a pair and go to the store. Lie up a storm, cry when it doesn't go your way (because it won't) and then come back here and tell everyone how evil Apple is and how their customer service sucks.

If you want the new macbook my advice is to buy the new one whenever it comes out and sell your old one. Seems like a far better way of doing things.

9. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Then wait.

10. brand macrumors 601

brand

You are a lier and do not deserve to own a Mac. You are the reason honest people have a hard time getting getting their issues resolved.