Best excuse to get Genius Bar to swap iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Dec 27, 2007.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

No questions asked - how do you get it swapped easily and quickly? Just curious for future reference. My Apple Store has a bunch of hard azzes.

2. Mydel macrumors 6502a

Mydel

Well if something IS broken they just replace it. At least thats my experience. I've never tried to replace something that actually works. But maybe it's just me.:eek:

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Are you anticipating your iPhone to go bad? I would certainly say if you walked in there and a genius saw your broken phone and it wasn't user error then yes, they would replace or repair it.
    However, if you consider them to be a bunch of hard-asses I would say based on your premeditated replacement it is not the first time you tried to pull a fast one to get something shinny and new.

4. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

nah its not so much that as it is - i have a slightly off-centered chrome bezel (the right side isn't 100% flush with the back - you can feel a bit of an edge) (NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL!) and I have a 7452322 screen with a few, subtle dead pixels (with no negative black, so it's not that big of a deal either but I kinda like the 7457092 screen the most or even the 5 series (even though its kinda washed))

so it's little nit picky things.

and the bottom black piece seems a little loose (when you touch it you can push it in a little). A perfect build iPhone probably doesn't exist, but I dunno. I have OCD.

5. sananda macrumors 68020

you make a lot of assumptions.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yup I most certainly do!

7. michaelsaxon macrumors 6502

My buzzer quit working on mine and they replaced it on the spot.

8. Hustle macrumors 6502a

Jailbreak it, delete one of the system files and take it to Apple and say ''OMGOZ TEH VISTA TECHNOS BROKES MYS IPHONES''.

9. Hellenek macrumors member

Yes it does, got one right here... Bummer about your unit though.

10. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Yeah the screen on this iPhone is severely lacking. How do you suggest I go about getting it replaced? This sucks

11. Mydel macrumors 6502a

Mydel

If its bad they will replace it. I have nothing but good experience with Apple stores.Just dont make the stuff up.....

12. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

When I showed the guy last time, he said it was just a difference in the LCD's and there was nothing he would do about it.

13. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

lol you better write a list of reason and memorize them. They're going to drill you like staff sergeants until you exit the store crying to your mommy.

if somethings wrong, and it's not your fault, just be honest with them.

14. MacBoy108 macrumors 6502

MacBoy108

I noticed my bezel is slightly, slightly off too (I have OCD as well) but I don't think its something they would replace it for.
    You can always go to another Apple store to get a second opinion.

15. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I don't have any other Apple store nearby. It's not even the chrome bezel. It's mostly the screen thing that's annoying me...

16. MacBoy108 macrumors 6502

MacBoy108

Well just take it in and try to ask someone who looks stupid or nice ;)

17. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Yeah I hope I don't get stuck with the same schmuck. It's aggravating.

18. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Doesn't sound like a case of a hard ass genius, just a severely anal customer.

ha ha ha, two butt jokes, I crack myself up...wait...that's 3!!! he he he

19. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

The screen thing is the most annoying thing (esp. since I've seen and had 7457092 and 5 series screen iPhones in my possession at some point). I have a 2PM EST appointment. I need legitimite advice.

Comedians -- refrain from posting unfunny and sarcastic remarks.

20. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Do you think Applestore would swap it for a good screen, or do you think I'd have to just keep swapping until I found a good one?

21. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

If the Genius bar Genius is a guy, take a cute girl with you and have her do it. Trust me, this actually works especially when you are buying products. They give them more free stuff that regular ole' dudes like them.

Unless you have one or two cute Apple Store girls then you can try your luck ;). But, they may be tired of all the Apple Store guys gagaing for them and not give you anything.. lol

22. Weezy F Baby macrumors member

Yeah I have some the same problems as the OP and my screen is off center (rotated to the right a little bit). Is there any way to open the iPhone and break a cable or something without them knowing it was opened or is some kind of seal that tells them the phone has been opened? Is there any way I can for sure get a new one?

And why do I never see my post until I sign in? That is SSSOOO annoying!!!!