Best export to DVD

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by digipeter, Apr 7, 2012.

1. digipeter macrumors member

I have a FCPX project running of nearly 40 min of old 'double 8' movie footage, created on the basis of clips as optimized media, with a lot of efficient corrections of all kind (color, sharpening, retiming), music, titles and transitions: really a kind of 'laboratory' of what FCPX is capable of for discolored, sometimes ill-lighted or 'stuttering' ciné-film with its own typical speed. The effort seems worthwhile, though.

I still not have Compressor, wondering if it's rather overkill for my need of just sharing history with the (grand)kids by a family movie; but evidently in the best possible quality.

So, what are the best options to prefer for this kind of export to DVD? Is there a specific ProRes format I have to count with? Is Compressor inevitable in this particular case?

2. simsaladimbamba

Tried the Share to DVD option in FCP X yet to see, if that suffices your needs?
    [​IMG]

3. cgbier macrumors 6502a

Compressor is only needed when you need direct output to MPEG for later use with DVDSP or send it to a replicator.

If you are fine with a menu that just contains a start button, use the built in tool like Mr. S. showed.