Best Extended Warranty?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SexyBeast, Jun 24, 2010.

1. SexyBeast macrumors regular

I am trying to figure out which warranty to purchase. There is Best Buy, Square Trade and AppleCare extended. Does anyone have any experience with any of these? I have had applecare in the past, but they don't cover accidental damage. I have heard that if your phone is under applecare the might cover accidental damage for a higher fee. Anyone know what that is?

2. markthrash macrumors 6502

markthrash

Not too sure, but I heard the same about Apple. The Geek Squad Black Tie insurance coverage seems pretty cool. They cover accidental stuff, like dropping it, which is what happened to me just a few hours ago. lol so I'm probably going to end up waiting a couple of days for the insurance to be processed and then see if they can repair my phone's cracked screen.

So idk, Best Buy seems fine with me.

3. SexyBeast thread starter macrumors regular

You seriously dropped your brand new phone and cracked the screen? That sucks. Sorry brother!

4. albert1028 macrumors 6502

Honestly...i would go for personal liability insurance. I have one for state farm, there is no deductible and it covers stolen as well. It costs somewhere around $50 a year. Might try to give your local state farm agent a call.

5. markthrash macrumors 6502

markthrash

Yes, dude. I felt like a complete jackass! Haha. But it's all good. Insurance is handy.