Best external 24"-27" for around 200$

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rjalex, Mar 9, 2017.

1. rjalex macrumors newbie

rjalex

I'm a bit strapped on cash but would like to give a good external screen for wife's Macbook Air early 2015 when she works home.

She mostly does browser based activity and occasional document and some basic photo editing (I own a Spyder to calibrate).

She looks at my late 2009 27" iMac (but she needs a portable to work from home and office) and says she'd like something like it but I don't think I could go to that size with that price.

Thanks for any good suggestions.

PS We have adapters to DVI, VGA and HDMI

2. Eggtastic macrumors 6502a

Eggtastic

3. Macgyver1, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017

Macgyver1 macrumors member

Macgyver1

Quoted myself from a previous post.

View sonic VX2776-SMHD. IPS, 1080p, hdmi and DisplayPort inputs, bezel-less design, built in speakers(for basic interactive sounds), audio pass through, good reviews, good price, looks good too. Lacking vesa mount, height adjustability. Some say 1080p in 24 inch is fine but higher resolution is needed in 27. 1080p looks fine to me in 27; pricing skyrockets thereafter in going with higher resolution. Your uses are of course to be considered.

Best all around price wise in my opinion. Have one, sitting on floor, waiting for hook-up. Asus, Acer have some cheaper variations but lack the quality of this unit in my opinion.

Kinda feel like I work for view sonic right now(No affiliation).

Best(I mean ciao, if your Italian)

Edit: Almost forgot, three year warranty, take that Asus!

4. rjalex thread starter macrumors newbie

rjalex

--- Post Merged, Apr 1, 2017 ---
    Thank you everyone and CIAO (yes I am Roman) :)