Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apple.fan

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2010
Portugal
Hi guys, i need to buy an external battery for my iPhone and don't know witch one i should buy. This new trent seems good but i don't know if there is one better. I would need one with at least 7000mAh and that charged the iPhone as quick as possible.

Apreciate any help, thanks :)

darky90

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2012
I have a ravpower one. They currently are having a deal mentioned on slickdeal. Link here. 30 bucks for 10,000mah + free shipping on Amazon. The deal is a bit odd where you can only use the code between 5-8 PST otherwise you'll be buying it full price. I was able to get one before my weekend snowboarding trip and I love it! Battery drained so bad when it's roaming in the mountains and all i had to do was plug this in with my iphone cord and it charges wonderfully. I didn't even have to charge my power pack at all and it's a good weight for what it is. Love this thing and I will never go on trips without it.

huanqiu

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2013
Hi guys, i need to buy an external battery for my iPhone and don't know witch one i should buy. This new trent seems good but i don't know if there is one better. I would need one with at least 7000mAh and that charged the iPhone as quick as possible.

Apreciate any help, thanks :)

I have not used this new trent, but it seem very well.

TG1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
NewTrent battery packs have served me well for years for charging iPhones, Android phones, Kindles and more. They have every capacity and style you could want. Check out their positive reviews on Amazon.

Giuly

macrumors 68040
I prefer the Sanyo Stick Booster:
IMG_9132-e1272628677657.jpg

For every set of these you carry extra, you add 5100mAh to the capacity:
eneloop-xx-4stk-aa.jpg

Add the two batteries in the Stick booster on top of that, and it's 7650mAh for one extra set, or 12750mAh for two sets.

Last edited:

darky90

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2012
I prefer the Sanyo Stick Booster:
IMG_9132-e1272628677657.jpg

For every set of these you carry extra, you add 5100mAh to the capacity:
eneloop-xx-4stk-aa.jpg

Add the two batteries in the Stick booster on top of that, and it's 7650mAh for one extra set, or 12750mAh for two sets.

Pretty interesting device since you can use regular batteries. More versatile than one specifically made for charging mobile devices. Does this charge ipads?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.