best external battery pack for iphone 3gs and otterbox case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by j2048b, Mar 31, 2010.

1. j2048b macrumors 6502a

I only added the otter box case to the title so people would or could recommend externall batterie packs that would fit into the bottom of the otterbox case, i cannot get a recharger or battery pack that does not fit into the bottom of the otterbox case, as i dont take it out of it, except to clean it here and there.

Any suggesstions?

i found the i-up 5400, which seems good, but kind of bulky but is a 5400 mAh so it will last a bit longer than others....

2. j2048b thread starter macrumors 6502a

so i guess there is nothing made yet? or nobody wants to help? 2nd guess is prolly correct?

thanks!

3. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I've only seen Otterbox unopened, but I think their dock connector is covered but still accessible right?
    If so, try IMAX, the cable is just as big as the dock connector and it extends too so you can connect and use the iPhone to the battery while charging.

4. sbaerman macrumors newbie

Duracell DR7000LI

I have found a duracell rechargeable battery that works with any USB powered device. So I just use the cable that came with my iPhone and not only does it power it, it charges it. ;)

5. j2048b thread starter macrumors 6502a

which duracell is it, name of device perhaps would help me find it?

Thanks!

6. j2048b thread starter macrumors 6502a

So IMAX? Are there different versions if tgis device? Or is there a web link?

Thanks!

7. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

You can get the IMP500 (which is what I'm using) and within that link too are other options.
    They have battery cases too as well as more battery capacity.

Discussion for IMAX too can be found here.

8. Spudracer macrumors 6502

I've had a 3G Juice for about two years now. It's great! Small, thin, and light with an 1,800 MAH charge that fills an iPhone about 1.2X. It's got an on/off switch to prevent discharge during storage and it really does hold a full charge for months. The battery uses polymer Li-ion technology to get the big power density in a small package. I think I bought mine from Amazon for $60 back in 08 but today the price has come down to $50. I never leave home without it on business trips.

9. jason.j macrumors newbie

The Richard Solo 1800 external battery charger with cable works well, it's a 1800 mAh capacity unit shipped with charging cable, wall and car charger. <http://richardsolo.com/richardsolo1800withcable.aspx> You'll need to swap out the cable for a smaller one that fits the Otterbox Defender case. The customer service is quick and generous. Check for coupon codes on the net. Here's the info:

"The OtterBox cable is a special request item we swap for the existing cable on RS008 battery orders.
    The cable is also available as a separate requested item for RS007 battery users for $12.95.
    For this cable purchase, the customer places an order for the regular RS019 cable (here), then emails their order number to us and we swap the cable for the OtterBox version and apply a $5.99 credit for free regular shipping."

10. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I use the USB that came with my iPhone and it fits.

Marc