Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacJohnson

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2008
South Dakota
Looking into getting an External Monitor for my 15 Inch MBP for the best price....Anyone have any tips? Thanks

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Size?
Needs?
Price Range?
Other features?

All important. Best ≠ Best Price. LaCie is not a value-brand, then again it's probably not the best, but it's a start.

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
I think you should do a search section in the peripherals section of this forum. There is a lot of discussion there about which external monitors are best. While you may be using it with your MacBook Pro, it's not really related to the MacBook Pro. So check that section.

santos79

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2009
I think you should do a search section in the peripherals section of this forum. There is a lot of discussion there about which external monitors are best. While you may be using it with your MacBook Pro, it's not really related to the MacBook Pro. So check that section.

I disagree. Many interested in an external monitor for their MBP would like to know for example how well they work with the MPB and which monitors work with the MiniDisplayPort. I think the MBP forum is the right place for this question.

DerPeter

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2009
Hamburg, Germany
Looking into getting an External Monitor for my 15 Inch MBP for the best price....Anyone have any tips? Thanks

I just compared too quite good 22" screens. The NEC EA 221WM oder the EIZO S2232WH. Both have a very good PVA-Panel which has a lot better contrast and colors than those low-cost TN-panels. The EIZO is more expensive but a class better than the NEC. The EIZO ist my favorite suggestion.

- Peter

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.