Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gfiz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 18, 2009
Virginia
I'm on the verge of purchasing a 13" MBP and installing a 160GB Intel G2 ssd right out of the box. I want to move all the movies/music I currently have on my 1TB internal PC Harddrive to an external solution that I can access with my MBP, which I plan to make my primary computer.

Mind you that this drive is only going to be for storage of music/movies, not backup/recovery. I need at least 2TB out of the gate. Just looking for recommendations/personal experiences with similar options.

gfiz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 18, 2009
Virginia
for what it's worth, think I'm leaning on going NAS, and either the Seagate BlackArmor 110 2TB or Iomega ix2-200 2TB. My biggest issue currently would be that I'm out of ports on my Fios router, but I'll either get a switch or maybe look into a new router that will work with the service. Figure this way I can easily share between my PC and Mac, and my PS3 which I may move to the downstairs television so I can just stream my movies instead of wasting disks burning them. If you have any direct experience with either option or another you think it worthwhile to look into I'm all ears. Probably going to be making all the purchases towards the end of the month.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.