Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
Anyone try this band out: http://www.wristouch.com/products/316l-stainless-steel-oyster-bracelet-silver They have it in SS, SS/chrome combo, and black. It's a 316L oyster type band, different than the casio like look some others are mentioning which are not my cup of tea. I think I'm going to give them a shot, even though they don't do refunds. It's the closest band to my Submariner I've found, and a US company as well.

That looks pretty great ! Would be interested in seeing one of those in more pictures - if you buy it then keep us posted

B5Burn

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2011
anyone in canada find a way to get a OULUOQI band for a decent price? the 42mm black is 90 on amazon.com and 225 on amazon.ca

I just purchased a black band for my Space Grey.. had a heart attack when I saw the "sorry we can't ship to your country" notice on the Amazon site.

The Canadian price is out of hand, I'm not sure what the rationale is, I'm not assuming anything.. but I live in Wpg, close enough to the border... had it shipped to a border holding company and drove 3 hrs round trip to get it myself.

Little bit of my time, a Coke and ONLY $16 Duty!!!! (Got a cpl bands).

Too bad I didn't see your question earlier... perhaps I should become a OULUOQI distributor? ;-)

Goodluck. The band is def worth it. Agree with every comment here.
[doublepost=1484396758][/doublepost]
Anyone try this band out: http://www.wristouch.com/products/316l-stainless-steel-oyster-bracelet-silver They have it in SS, SS/chrome combo, and black. It's a 316L oyster type band, different than the casio like look some others are mentioning which are not my cup of tea. I think I'm going to give them a shot, even though they don't do refunds. It's the closest band to my Submariner I've found, and a US company as well.

I would get that in a heart beat if only the band didn't narrow down so much right after where it attached to the body. It's a common shape for many Apple Watch bands... a few have done it..

drtran83

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2014
Cuba, MO
From what I have found, no love for those with 38mm :-(. Anybody have any insight on where I can find a black SS link for my 38mm AW?

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Count me in as one who is really happy with the OULUOQI band. I highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to spend over $500.

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
I don't own the OULUOQI Link Bracelet, but their Leather Loop is garbage. The materials are not even anywhere close to the Apple band. It doesn't even feel like leather, but rather like hard, cheap plastic.

Granted, this experience has left me with a bias towards their products, but my opinion on the photos of their Link Bracelet is this: the stainless steel looks pretty good (but still too shiny and cheap compared to the real deal), and the Space Black looks cheap as hell. It doesn't even come close to the classy look of the legit one. And like most knockoffs, there is way too much variation in user photos to know if you're going to get one that's "close enough" or one that's obviously a cheaply made knockoff.

After having ordered a few 3rd party bands on Amazon, I've learned to save my money for the well made ones. Cheap bands just make your expensive watch look cheap. For the amount I've spent on various 3rd party bands, I could have had a legit black Milanese Loop by now...

Last edited:
Reactions: Arran

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
I don't own the OULUOQI Link Bracelet, but their Leather Loop is garbage. The materials are not even anywhere close to the Apple band. It doesn't even feel like leather, but rather like hard, cheap plastic.

Granted, this experience has left me with a bias towards their products, but my opinion on the photos of their Link Bracelet is this: the stainless steel looks pretty good (but still too shiny and cheap compared to the real deal), and the Space Black looks cheap as hell. It doesn't even come close to the classy look of the legit one. And like most knockoffs, there is way too much variation in user photos to know if you're going to get one that's "close enough" or one that's obviously a cheaply made knockoff.

After having ordered a few 3rd part bands on Amazon, I've learned to save my money for the well made ones. Cheap bands just make your expensive watch look cheap. For the amount I've spent on various 3rd party bands, I could have had a legit black Milanese Loop by now...

i agree, their black live bracelet look so cheap its cringworthy but i dont have a black watch so i don't consider it anyways, the silver link bracelet looks decent though and i agree that its hard to judge from customer photos as it may vary

Garevels

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2008
http://www.juukdesign.com/
From what I have found, no love for those with 38mm :-(. Anybody have any insight on where I can find a black SS link for my 38mm AW?

I purchased my link band from this company . It's more expensive than most third party bands but the quality and craftsmanship is nothing short of amazing, having owned the first generation link and now the series 2 Blk link I can say unequivocally the Juuk band is every bit an equal to the Apple band. They offer several designs including Aluminum bands in multiple colors. Check it out

Reactions: sgchick

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
For the amount I've spent on various 3rd party bands, I could have had a legit black Milanese Loop by now...
I agree. I have a legit black Milanese and a legit SS link. I also have a boxful (yes a BOX FULL) of cheap (and not so cheap, circa $100) imitations of these bands I acquired along the way.

No comparison.

Admittedly, the fakes look just like real deal, but the engineering is sorely lacking. So, for something I wear most of my waking hours, I wouldn't waste money on a fake again. I''d be better-off giving the cash to charity - At least it would make someone happy.

Reactions: blasto2236

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
Admittedly, the fakes look just like real deal, but the engineering is sorely lacking.

This !

I have been through the same as you with a lot of 3rd party straps - got lured into the cave of rip-off's with the cheap prices and (sometimes) decent reviews... But all of them - not just some - all of them, is not even close to being good quality at all. They start to break, fall apart or just start disintegrating all together if it's leather!

I'm done with cheap knock-offs... All my new straps are Apples own or great top quality leather straps (I have found some great adapters).

pcall1128

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2015
Pennsylvania
Anyone see these yet? Look really interesting, similar to the shape of the new Juuk aluminum bands.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/182451271311
IMG_0671.PNG

Reactions: xDKP

dalen3

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
I was looking through the forums and on amazon, and there are some replicas out there.
But which has proven to be the best one yet, I’m looking for the space black one.
Cheers

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I was looking through the forums and on amazon, and there are some replicas out there.
But which has proven to be the best one yet, I’m looking for the space black one.
Cheers

Take a look at top4cus link bracelet off Amazon. Reviews are good, seems to be of quality as well.

Themaxim

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2017
I use the Urvoi 6th Generation link bracelet from AliExpress.

It looks like the origin and can’t find ,except the laser engraved Apple words, any differences.

I payed 27€ incl delivery.

After 2 weeks of wearing it seems to work ....

badbooster

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2017
Gurgaon, India
I use the Urvoi 6th Generation link bracelet from AliExpress.

It looks like the origin and can’t find ,except the laser engraved Apple words, any differences.

I payed 27€ incl delivery.

After 2 weeks of wearing it seems to work ....
Same here. More than 3 months now. Excellent product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.