Best Family Plan Options For 3 Lines & iPhones on ATT

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by macbeliever, Jan 23, 2011.

1. macbeliever macrumors member

I'm thinking of adding both my wife and mother to my plan and get them 3GS's.

Here's what I have;
    Unlimited nationwide $69.99
    Unlimited texting $20.00
    Unlimited data $30.00

What I'm trying to decipher is if I add the unlimited family talk for $119, will I lose my unlimited data?

Also if any members have gone through this whats the best order to make the purchases/line additions and plan change?

Should I do it online and buy each iPhone separately and after picking plans go back in on my MAIN number and change it to the family talk/messaging?

Or is it worth going into the ATT store?

I'd prefer to do it online.

Thanks for any help in advance

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

I did the same thing in September; I bought my wife a new iP4 and added her and her mother to an unlimited family plan. I was able to keep/get unlimited data and text for all of them. I tried to get it done over the phone and they told me that I couldn't keep the unlimited data if I switched to the Family plan, so I went into the local AT&T store and just told them that if they wouldn't let me switch, I would be switching to Verizon soon.:D

3. EmbraceTheApple macrumors newbie

Data & Family Plan

You can absolutely do this on the phone or on-line. Be aware that if you do this through AT&T 611, make sure to press the correct number for the "iPhone Queue", as everyone there has been trained to understand that the only time you will ever lose your unlimited data plan is if you 1) cancel your line, 2) request to downgrade your data plan, or 3) switch your phone to either a basic phone or a quick messaging phone. No matter what else you do to your account, you WILL NOT lose your unlimited data plan.