Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pravda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
Philly
Hi,

Please help if you can.

I am looking for a tracking app that i can install on the iphones (3Gs) in our household and have the ability to track them on each iphones.

This will not be a spy app, as all participants will knowingly know about it.
App must have the ability to run in the background and not consume too much battery drain.

Thank You.

Pravda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
Philly
It's free if you're on iOS 4.2.1 or above.

You are right, iCloud will be free for users on Lion and iOS5, but i dont have neither right now.
Besides when i tried Find my iPhone, said my device is not supported (3Gs).

Last edited:

ateganda29

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2009
how about google latitude? though you will need a google/gmail account to have it running.

M0bileguy

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2011
Try HipGeo

Hi,

I am looking for a tracking app that i can install on the iphones (3Gs) in our household and have the ability to track them on each iphones....
App must have the ability to run in the background and not consume too much battery drain.

Try HipGeo. I believe it is out of beta or close to being released. It has a "Places" mode which you can run all day long and is pretty slick. It creates an activity stream of both the routes and places your family visits, has a ping features, and privacy settings. You can track family member's location or travels all day, and share your own without having to do anything.

Pravda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
Philly
how about google latitude? though you will need a google/gmail account to have it running.

Thank you again for your suggestion.
Had to use it a few times, works like a charm.
Its very heavy on the batter, but that is expected for this type of app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.