Best/Fastest download manager

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by toyanucci, Mar 17, 2012.

1. toyanucci macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have been using iget download manager to download Large files to my iPad. It's the only one that I have tried that downloads fast. I have a 8mb connection and my downloads in iget move at 850kbps (even when downloading one file) which is around my connection maximum speed. My issue however is that iget is fast but it's not a good download manager as I can't even pause downloads manually. It's saving grace is that "open in" works good so I can unrar files in USBSharp Pro, or send mkv's to Avplayer HD.

Can anyone recommend a download manager that downloads fast and does a good job as a manager as well?

2. toyanucci thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for taking the time to reply Dave.

So, I went ahead and downloaded goodreader and did some speedtests. Goodreader downloaded from rapidshare at 100kbps or roughly at the speed of a 1mb internet connection, while iget downloaded from rapidshare at 850kbps or roughly the speed of a 8mb connection (which is what I have at home). So for me goodreader is way below par especially for large files :(

I did the speed test by viewing the monitoring page in my router.

3. SteneDave macrumors member

I'm sorry to hear that, GoodReader was always downloading at full speed for me and unlike other downloaders it was always very stable and had the best GUI so far...

Maybe you should check your router settings..

Try also "Downloads Lite" it's free for the first couple of files and you'll see where is the problem..

4. toyanucci thread starter macrumors newbie

So far, iGet is still the reigning speed king. It's been updated and is more stable now...definately recommended for those downloading large files.

5. ydangleapps macrumors newbie

We have just released the latestw version of iGet Download Manager. Unfortunately pause resume did not make it into this version but will be part of our next release. The new version includes some nice new features such as downloading embedded content, wireless sharing of files between iOS devices on the same network and multi page browsing. We have also made some speed improvements.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

6. toyanucci thread starter macrumors newbie

I downloaded it earlier, but since I use it in download mode only, the new features won't affect me per say lol.

Iget is still the fastest downloaded though, hands down. Went to Europe last week and got speeds of 30mbps down in iget (the hotel had super fast Internet). No other downloaded for iPad moves at the speed of your Internet connection.

Keep up the good work!

Ps, anxiously awaiting resume support.