Best Fighting game on mac?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by luis4life, Jun 24, 2007.

1. luis4life macrumors member

On emulator or anything. Not including bootcamp, lol. Yea well I pretty much found nothing on fighting for mac. I wonder if they can get that cps3 emulator on mac so I can run street fighter III. Btw i got a mbp SR.

2. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

I dont really like Fightings, but Oni is a really great game. In addition to awesome moves it has an incredible storyline. I highly recommend it :)

3. bmb012 macrumors 6502

http://wolfire.com/lugaru.html

That's the closest thing that I could think of to a 'fighting game' made for OS X.

My personal favorite fighting game ever is Soul Calibur, either the first or the second, but mentioning emulators there opens yourself up to pretty much any fighting games but SC and Tekken...

4. luis4life thread starter macrumors member

The emulators are limited arent they? like the best i can think of is street fighter II turbo on SNES. But im looking for a game like street fighter III. is there a dreamcast emulator? or PSX emulator? or any arcade fighter emulators?

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

There's MAME, which I think emulates arcade machines. And there is indeed a PSX emulator. It goes by PCSX, and you have to find the ROM file yourself (because being in possession of one is apparently illegal, or something.)

6. Krevnik macrumors 68030

Krevnik

Because it crosses copyright law. Copyright law says the creator of a work can say how it is distributed/copied for X years (currently a large number). Software is something that falls under copyrights. It isn't that possession of a copyrighted work is illegal... distribution without permission of the creator is (in US law, anyways). However, while I haven't seen it tested, posting a link to copyrighted work could be considered akin to distribution.

7. applekid macrumors 68020

Well, that would at least break the forum rules. :)

If you want fighting games, you're gonna have to use emulation. Dreamcast emulation requires Windows.

I second Oni for the closest thing you can get to a fighting on the Mac.

8. Krevnik macrumors 68030

Krevnik

I agree with the vote for Oni, but it won't run on Intel systems. :(

9. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Really? Even in Rosetta?

I only played it on PPC Macs: iMac G3 (OS9), eMac and my current iMac G5 (both OSX)...

10. Krevnik macrumors 68030

Krevnik

There is no Intel native version, so Rosetta is the only option. Crashes before loading.

11. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

12. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

PCSX works very well, and Flarestorm 2 does almost as well (Flarestorm doesn't require BIOS either). Of course, you shouldn't pirate, etc, etc. I wasn't a huge fan of my PS1 as a fighting game platform anyway, especially compared to my Dreamcast (Soul Calibur was just incredible).

13. applekid macrumors 68020

There is a patch called OniOSXfix available on oni.bungie.org. It might be somewhere in the forums. They'll help you out. I have been using it run Oni on my MacBook Pro. (Runs well in Rosetta)

14. Smokedrop macrumors newbie

Smokedrop

ok I downloaded that file I fond it haha but it ask for a installation directory for Oni. so what do I do....what did you do?:confused:

15. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Umm... choose your Oni installation directory?

16. Smokedrop macrumors newbie

Smokedrop

what does it mean???:confused: it says select retail installation...

17. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Then select it :confused:

What's the problem?

18. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Im assuming he doesn't have Oni and thought he would get the game by downloading above file.

19. mucup macrumors newbie

Oni Intel Mac Help

Yeah I'm having trouble with loading Oni too. It says I need to select an installation directory for Oni. What is that? I'm puzzled, where would it even be?

20. sil3nc3 macrumors regular

21. esXXI macrumors member

It means to select the folder you installed it to. Probably /Applications/Oni/

22. manmeet macrumors member

Hmm.I don't like fighting games at all but Oni is a good game but I did not understood how to escape the problems you all told but the game I prefer is tony hawk pro skater 4!

THPS-4(TONY HAWK PRO SKATER-4) IS REALLY A GREAT GAME!!!!!

23. manmeet macrumors member