Best file sharing among PC users?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by c073186, Oct 30, 2009.

1. c073186 macrumors 6502a

I really love my MobileMe subscription for my Macs, but I have to admit it is not really the greatest thing for PC users. Does anyone have any experience with other file sharing subscriptions out there that are geared more towards Windows-based machines?

Thanks.

2. gvdv macrumors regular

I just used filemail.com between one of my PC's and a friend's PC; worked great, and it has the biggest free file sharing capability I've seen - 2GB's.

I have just sent them an email asking if the site works with Macs.

3. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

GetDropBox.com (but click here to get an extra .5GB)

DropBox is great for syncing all manner of files over all manner of computers. You get 2GB to start, but if you follow the referral link you get an extra half-gig free.

They also have a free iPhone app.

4. gvdv macrumors regular

5. c073186 thread starter macrumors 6502a

This one looks pretty good. Is there any way around installing their software (i.e. mapping a network drive to the site)? I'd rather not install any extra software. But otherwise this looks really good; thanks for sharing!

I really didn't expect to be able to find these services free but I am pleasantly surprised. (I recall using free online storage years ago... but I thought that was a thing of the past.)